Washington-Seattle
Options

Hair Extensions

So, I got a haircut today for the first time in an embarassingly long time (thanks to my Groupon Coupon!)

Anyway...

I was telling the stylist that I didn't want my hair cut too short since I'm trying to grow it out for the wedding. She started talking to me about hair extensions and suggested that if my hair isn't as long as I want by the wedding, I should try it out! (Sidenote... she wasn't trying to sell me the service. She suggested just getting some from Sally Beauty Supply)

...which got me to thinking that it may not be a bad idea. So, inform me. Did you have (or are you planning to have) hair extensions? If so, any tips? Also, if it's not too nosey share some price specifications!

TIA :o)
Anniversary

Re: Hair Extensions

• Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking about something really temporary that you only wear the day of the wedding?  Will your hair be down/up/half-and-half?  I've never done it myself but these are two videos I've seen about them:

This one is by a girl I watch a lot (I actually like her sister better, but I do look to them for beauty advice).  These are also the permanent kind.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AllThatGlitters21#p/u/12/3YIp2iEdBYY

This is a video I saw once (I was REALLY bored and trying to entertain myself).  I found her because the girl in the video above and her sister have mentioned this girl.  Around 2:10 in the video she talks about some clip-in ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf3lcpHtbtg
    and this video is her review of these and they seem really good: http://www.youtube.com/user/pursebuzz#p/u/17/99l6aOQm2NY

hope that's helpful!
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my bridesmaids got extensions (not for my wedding, but for another wedding she was in last year) - can't remember where she got them, but they were clip in and by Jessica Simpson (who knew!) - her hair looked great and she really liked them, and she's been able to use them since.

I sadly had to get extensions years ago when i went in for a "new" haircut and got a horrific cut.  I had to get the actual extensions that they bonded to your hair using glue or something.  I actually had them in for a year until my hair grew out!

• Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My stylist recommended the same thing, but I went off because I HATE hair extensions. I can always tell when people have them, because they're always a little stringy - even the expensive ones. Oh, and if you want the expensive ones that blend the best, those are about $600.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

I'm pretty sure the ones she was talking about were the clip-in style. Which totally suits me because I don't do that kind of stuff very well... but I want pretty wedding hair!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you get them, make sure you get real human hair (not synthetic). You can't dye/curl/style the fake stuff.

You can buy real hair at a beauty supply place and have it matched to your hair and attached to clips if you want something temporary that can be used again.

"Permanent" extensions come in a few different forms (for example, you don't want ones that are glued in on tracks), and the best ones are fairly expensive ($1500-2000+). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards