Wedding Woes
Options

MadMen - Spoilers and such

What did you guys think of the ending? H wasn't confused by why Betty stopped before she got to the baby's room. My feeling was that she was 1) still getting used to the idea of the baby that she didn't really want in the first place. 2) she was having a hard time going into what was her father's room to the child who was named for her father.

Re: MadMen - Spoilers and such

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she stopped before she got to the room, for the same reason she slept with that random dude at the bar before she let Don back....because she needs time to process and a perception of control in her life. It's like, "OK, take a deep breathe, this is OK, you can deal with it."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you think she went behind Don's back and named the kid? He really didn't want the name Eugene. Also, Peggy has some serious cajones. Duck Philips needs to DIAF. Pete and the elevator operator was an awesome scene.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What did Peggy mean when she said it has been three times now to Don?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She went to him to write copy, he saw her while she was hospitalized, and she went to him with the promotion/office situation. This was time 4 to discuss raise and her "time"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She got the office on her own, with no promotion, but because she landed the Popsicle account and ASKED for it while she was gone. I was tres interested in the delivery scenes. I told H I wan demerol and an epidural when/if I deliver. I don't want to remember jack and yes, I do want to be shaved before hand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While Don was gone, I mean.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    But do you want the enema too?The birth scenes were disturbing. I did find it hilarious that Lisa Simpson was one of the other nurses.Did you notice the cop look down and away when Don passed him in the hall post-waiting-room-bonding?PS. I'm pretty sure H will be in the waiting room and not with me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H actually asked me why they were giving her the enema. I think the guard looked down because they had shared too much, and I am not just talking about the red label. I thought it was interesting that Betty was accusing Don of not being there. He is never where he says he is going to be, she says. Interesting. It's true.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, H and I had the "clean" pooping on the table talk. But he knew why they were doing the enema. also very interesting: seeing why Betty talks to Sally like she does. It was the way her mother spoke to her (as shown in her hallucination).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sally has always been a dissapointing accessory to Betty, in my mind's eye.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see it that way. I just think it was how Betty was raised. Aren't we semi-doomed to make the same mistakes as our parents? (I'm really trying hard not to)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that could be true. It was just the first time Betty has "spoken" to her mother in the show. Up until then, I thought Betty had a wonderful relationship with her mom, because she was pissed when her step-mom got rid of all of her mother's stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they did have a good relationship. Just different from modern standards of "good."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is what makes this show so great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards