Wedding Woes
Options

My clothing

So, should I just wear everything tighter?A tailor could fix that quickly.

Re: My clothing

• Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Certain things, yes.Tailoring does help, and a few items should be tailored so that they fit you better.Also, how are you able to drink and stay so skinny? I'm intrigued.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Not tighter.  More tailored.  Just picking tight clothes won't make you feel better.  I would recommend going into some higher end stores with salespeople that are interested in helping you.  See what size THEY recommend for you.  Then you can have an idea of what size you really are.Then you can start picking up basics on your own once you get more of an eye for sizing yourself up.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    seriously, have you NEVER seen What Not to Wear?  Just add some structure. You can't very easily put darts into a soft knit shirt like the white one you posted yesterday. You need better fabrics.  Yes, some things can be fixed by a tailor, but you might need to start rotating in better stuff in general. You aren't in grad school anymore, either, Dr. MinM.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ls - I'm pretty sure I burn 1,000 calories an hour just by being anxious. I tend to lose weight when my anxiety goes up. I tone while jumping to all the wrong conclusions ;)
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! I'm anxious too, that's why I'm curious!And jealous. When I drank, I was 30lbs heavier. Now I drink a glass of wine from time to time, but I watch it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MinM, um, no. No, no, no, no, no.You need big girl clothes. Do I need to get you a subscription to INstyle and Lucky and come force you to watch What Not to Wear?
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gained almost 20 lbs when I moved here. I am eight lbs away from being back to where I was. I would love to be 120 again, but I don't think that will ever happen again in my life :( Boo 30!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would appreciate x infinity if I had someone to shop with. I have H and he is helpless (please to be referring to the sweater he tried to buy). I also try on shirts in the middle of the store over my other shirts to avoid the dressing room. He gets embarassed by this and leaves me. He has started walking away from me a lot these days....
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If a shirt fits over another shirt (not a layering tank, but an actual top in and of itself) it is too big.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Min, if you have an issue with the rooms, do you shopping on the Internet.  Most stores have a measuring chart, measure you inches and actually pick the size they recommend on that chart and then maybe one before/after.  Try on at home, return others.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why avoid the dressing room?  I know it's a pain if you need to get it unlocked, but it's the only way to know if anything fits properly.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I hate the dressing room, too, but if I'm in an actual B&M store, I MUST use it for anything other than a t-shirt. And tailoring is your best friend. It's certainly been mine - especially for dresses and button-down-shirts. Internet shopping with free return shipping is also wonderful, because you can try on with all your own stuff. Think the dress would look great with certain shoes? They're right there, in your closet! And please, please, please remember the secret to peaceful shopping: It's not your body's fault when something doesn't fit. It's the clothes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He gets embarassed by this and leaves me.I'd completely lose my sht. Seriously, I'd pick up my cell and pretend to be talking to someon: OMG, THERE IS A WOMAN PUTTING ON STORE CLOTHES OVER HERR REAL CLOTHES. And stare as I'm walking away.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hooka - I live to serve.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards