Wedding Woes
Options

WDYT?

Target had been selling an illegal alien costume, people have complained and it sounds like some sotres are pulling it off the shelves.[url]http://tinyurl.com/yku84oy[/url]

Re: WDYT?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, it's in bad taste. But so are a lot of other halloween costumes.  Pregnant nun? Preist molester? Beastiality man? They're all horrible.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What cw said.  It's in poor taste, but so are a lot of other costumes.  I think the fact it had an alien mask softens it in my eyes.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I don't agree with the costume, this annoys me: The costume makes a "mockery of the status of millions of immigrants in need of immigration reform," said Jorge Mujica of Chicago, an activist with the group March 10th Committee.No. They're in need of learning how to follow the rules and come here legally like millions of other immigrants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just think it's a stupid costume and not that funny. And CW has a really good point. I also don't have a ton of sympathy for illegal aliens. It's one of the few issues that I lean right on. I support immigration reform and realize something needs to be done, but I don't think they should be protected quite as fiercely as some.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is bullsh!t to call that insensitive, are convict costumes insensitive?....but it is a rather dumb costume.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aren't most costumes mockery?I mean, either it's your hero when you're 10 (firefighter, etc) or it's gory/scary, or it's making fun.
  • Options
    E SquaredE Squared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The use of the mask tilts me to the 'hey, it's a pun' side, but actually putting "Illegal Alien" on it makes me pinch the bridge of my nose.Not because it offends me, mind you, but in a, "You people are idiots for not knowing what kind of trouble you just caused yourself."
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    The evil part of me wants to think "do they even know enough English to know that it says Illegal Alien on the shirt?" The other part of me just doesn't give a feck. I bet I see one this year.  
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sensitive to this stuff and I think it's really blown up.  It's a play on words and I think all the uproar is pretty ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards