Wedding Woes
Options

random story

at my wedding, one of the catering people told me she was pregnant.  and i reacted totally inappropriately.it was the end of the night, and we had our sundae bar out.  i was standing off to the side, and this catering person came and told me that there was more ice cream and toppings in the kitchen.  me: it's fine, don't put any more out.  i think people are done.  y'all should keep it for yourselves.her: oh, i can't have any.  i'm pregnant.me: oh, how wonderful!!!!her: no, it's not.  [big sad face]  i have three already.  what am i supposed to do with a fourth?me: are you sure?her: i just took a pregnancy test in the bathroom.  me: oh, honey.  i'm sure it will be fine.and then i just left her alone with the ice cream.what else could i possibly have said?

Re: random story

• Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that was inappropriate, it not like you told she should have kept her legs shut.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you were in apprpriate, I say SHE was. Here you are getting married and she is talking about pee sticks over ice cream????
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Really, what was she thinking telling you, a bride, something you can't fix or likely don't give a damn about?I mean really, smile, say thanks and talk to the dude who knocked you up about what to do, not some poor unsuspecting bride.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You what I would have been thinking: She better keep that pee stick away from my sundae bar.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ew. I would have asked her if she washed her hands. And since when can you not have ice cream when you're pregnant?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's very awkward. She POAS at your wedding, that's inappropriate.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You can't have ice cream while pregnant?  I think what you said was fine. "Can I have it?"

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe i should have told her she could sell it.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um no.  It's her fault for telling a random person.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha at this whole thing.  There is something about not eating soft serve during pregnancy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She could sell it....depends on color and gender. I say if H and I can keep popping out white boys with his blue eyes and both of us as phds, we could really make some cash. Imagine if we did it Duggar style, but sold all of our babies into the black market.....man.....we'd be so effing rich.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bride =/= randon person. Sorry if this makes ME a beebee, but you are not a random person at a wedding if you are the chick in the white dress.
  • Options
    jepm1129jepm1129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your response was entirely appropriate.  "I'm sure it will be fine" is way better than "well, you should of thought of that before" or "oh well".MinM...most people I know know I hate children but when someone asks me what I'd do if I got pregnant I always say I'd sell it on the black market...they usually do not ask any follow-up questions.
  • Options
    jessjo04jessjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she isnt smart enough to know how to avoid getting pregnant, then I think ice cream is the least of the problems for her future baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can usual shut people up when I tell them I want to dress my baby up as an abortion for babies first Halloween.
  • Options
    jepm1129jepm1129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is hilarious.  I may have to use that one!
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was nice of you to provide pregnancy tests in your bathroom baskets! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards