Wedding Woes
Options

My dad's diagnosis

After 2 nights in the ED at 2 different hospitals it is confirmed my dad has shingles.  I guess if you have to have something that's not too bad.

Re: My dad's diagnosis

• Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's good that he has a diagnosis, though I don't know all that much about shingles.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad it isn't super serious.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They can prescribe valtrex and that might help, it does with a lot of shingles patients.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    True, it's good that it isn't something more dangerous but they are very, very painful and can go on forever.  I'm sorry for your dad.  Do they call the ER the ED in Ohio? 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oatmeal baths
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He started breaking out last night.  I had shingles a few years ago so I'm giving him a little crap about being a wussy and taking a Vicadin patch.  I had to take the valtrex and was so embarrased to get it filled.My brother is an emergency doctor.  He gets mad if you call it an ER so I've had ED drilled into my head.  He is in NC.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad had those last year.  Eeesh.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Interesting.  Is it offensive to call that section of the hospital a room or something?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in NC and I've always called it ER. ED makes me think erectile dysfunction, which lead to some major confusion when you first posted about your Dad and ED. Anyway, shingles is nothing to be ashamed of, but I would be embarassed to fill a Rx for Valtrex too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards