July 2012 Weddings
Options

Addressing Invitations for non married guests

I started addressing invitations recently and I have been addressing single and non married couples starting with Ms. and Mr.   I think it's more formal and respectful to give everyone a title. However FI and I just received a wedding invitation and there was no Ms. or Mr. before either of our names.  I feel a little offended because why should married couples be the only ones with titles? lol  The wedding is not a casual affair either, so I'm not sure why titles were not included.

How is everyone addressing their invitations to single guests and non married couples?

Re: Addressing Invitations for non married guests

• Options
    We did Mr. and Ms. not everyone knows proper etiquette so they have may taken the informal route with their invites. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing Mr. and Ms. but FI thought that was weird when I first told him. I think he understands why now.

Just remember more likely than not they did it on accident, not because they're trying to be rude. Some people just don't think of it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also doing Mr. and Ms. for non married couples.

FI and I just recieved an invitations addressed to

Ms. Colleen Blank & Michael SoandSO

I thought it was odd that i had a title but he did not.
  • Options

I am just going to ditto everything Schatzi said :) Definitely give EVERYONE a title, but when they are not married, we are putting them on separate lines. The person who is actually the friend/guest/family member goes on the top line, with the 'guest' on the bottom line. 

• Options
    we did Mr. and Miss For the unmarried we still used titles but put them on different lines like Mr. John Smith
    Miss Jane Doe
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Is Miss used for single women? And then Ms. used for divorced women???
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to use Mr. and Ms.  that is  just how I was taught to address invites of any sort
  • Options
    Miss is normally for girls under 18
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_addressing-invitations-for-non-married-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:5419b3f4-a629-4610-a547-e321867f76d4Post:0660788e-1a79-4c50-a27f-1736f87380ca">Re: Addressing Invitations for non married guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]Miss is normally for girls under 18
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

This Miss is used for younger women.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards