Wedding Woes
Options

This makes me stabby

for a lot of reasons MIL thought DH had asperger's?! --> I sent my MIL a message on FB asking for family medical history stuff, because DH is just awful with those kinds of things... She listed what she knew and said both DH and his aunt suffer from something similar to asperger's but never met full criteria for it, and that when he was little the shrink that saw him diagnosed him with borderline personality disorder (i'm familiar with this and it doesn't seem like DH at all, i mean, you can find yourself in any of the personality disorders if you look hard enough).  MIL told me to look up aspergers on webmd, and she said that's what he was like as a kid in many ways.  I always have known that DH is a homebody and is socially awkward in some ways, but aren't we all? (he's not HORRIBLY socially awkward, but he does get anxious in social situations)  He also doesn't have many friends, and since we started dating, nevermind our wedding a year ago, he has only seen 2 of his friends (the only 2 of his friends he invited that showed up to our wedding, although he only invited 8 ppl, literally).  I attributed this to a) he likes to be alone and is a homebody, so where's he gonna make friends? and b) who cares, as long as he's happy? and c) our wedding was not formal in any way, it was on Halloween and it was simple and it was really a party more than a wedding.  Now I'm panicking.

Re: This makes me stabby

• Options
    jessjo04jessjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That reminds me of the Family Guy where Peter finds out he's classified as mentally retarded. And that made me laugh. I'm terrible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's like thinking that you can do surgery at home because you've watched tons of ER and Grey's Anatomy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's still the same man that she fell in love with. What is there to panic about?
  • Options
    jessjo04jessjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even if he was diagnosed, why would she be panicking? Hes the same guy she married, if she didnt see it as a problem before, why would it matter now?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG WAS HE VACCINATED?!
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    so...the fact that it has a name = her freaking otu?
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just the idea that this is the first time she's ever even considered it but is now convincing herself that it's true is a mess. You know when someone has Aspergers or something similar. You might not know what it is, but you still know. Also, Aspergers is a syndrome, which means there's a list of symptoms and if you have x out of y symptoms then you have the syndrome. If you "never met the full criteria" then you only had w out of y symptoms and you therefore do not have the syndrome.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    MIL likes to diagnose people as autistic and dyslexic (depends on her mood which you'll be). She also thinks she can cure autism.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    jenny mccarthy is your mom?
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    DED @ hmo.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    MIL! No blood relation!
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who once approached her boyfriend with information on asperger's and offered to help him get help (she had diagnosed him).  He is her ex-boyfriend now.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    A*S*P*B*E*R*G*E*R*apostrophe*S And why is she panicking if it doesn't bother her? Is neurotypicality so important that she has to have a labeled-neurotypical husband, regardless of habits? Is she worried that they'll have Aspie kids? WHAT? WHAT IS THERE IN THIS TO PANIC ABOUT?(I am cranky today. I really want to bitchslap someone, and I think she's a good candidate.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards