Wedding Woes
Options

::Taw et al.::

I don't mind filling you guys in on the counterclaim, but I may want to DD the post.  I'm paranoid about being found on the internet.  I'll post if a potential deletion is OK.

Re: ::Taw et al.::

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I DD personal stuff all the time... I just wait a few hours and never bring it up again ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That kind of stuff gets a DD pass.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, that's an allowable DD.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    It's understandable.  I do it, too. BUT you don't have to tell if you don't want to.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::hands Fishgirl her DD hall pass::  DDing is totally understandable in these cases.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yikes!  How old is SD?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, wow.  That's just disturbing, the second one.  The first one, she's just being a btch because she can. I asked in the other post but I'll ask here, has your DH's lawyer mentioned anything about parental alienation?  Also, if she's putting this in her counterclaim, WTF could she be saying/doing to SD?  That worries me...A LOT.  What a psycho.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing that occurs in mediation is official until a judge deems it so...that being said, I'd skip it all together. Your going to end up in a small room in the court house with some kid who doesn't know jack from squat trying to assist you and this jackamo ex-wife in reaching some middle ground. Do you think that will really happen? Really? Since you'll be at the court house anyways, might as well see someone who can actually make a decision. That is just my opintion. And I am not a lawyer or a vendor.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, the lawyer is in court all week (we have a serious lawyer shortage around here), so they're setting up a meeting for next week.  He was only able to talk to the paralegal today.  They were not surprised to see the implications in the counter, because they've seen them many times before.SD is 11 and if I thought for a moment anything like that was true, H would be on the street so fast he wouldn't know what day it was.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    How does SD feel about this all? I hate to think what sort of nonsense your DH's ex is spewing, and if she'll be resentful if the custody agreement changes.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry this is getting so ugly.  H and I went through a custody hearing for his son earlier this year.  Our situation was very different, but it did get ugly and it was very stressful, so I know how you feel.Just keep/provide documentation of everything.  Every time your H has tried to contact SD, documentation of the purchase of the cell phone, etc.  Even small details.Keep us updated on everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Taw said. No one will advocate for you like you! Protect yourselves for DD's sake.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you all are going through this.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some time ago I started making H e-mail all the major stuff that needed to communicated and saving everything he sent.  I do this at work for documentation purposes and I think issues involving SD are more important than work and should be documented accordingly.  The response also has supporting documentation of what her mother was told.  Some things the lawyer already has. At this point, I'm encouraging H to attend the mediation out of good faith towards the process.  I really doubt at this point that she'll come.  But I think it's important to show we're willing, even if she isn't.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Excellent call on saving e-mails and using written word.  FWIW I also think you are right to go to the mediation as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree about going to mediation too.  Just because she's been blowing off the courts, does not mean that your DH should too.  Showing good faith goes a long way from what I've heard about most custody cases, especially since she's not showing any at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards