Wedding Woes
Options

The poster's name is TickledPink.

And I kind of am too, at this post.  The important parts are boldened for ease of reading.     I haven’t been on here much lately because I’ve been pretty busy, but I really need to vent right now because I feel like I am about to scream. So, my brother (lets call him D) is in jail – was in local custody due to miscellaneous warrants & failure to appears, then got extradited to another state where he is being held for stealing a truck & some other stuff. Well, he’s been wearing my phone out with collect calls. He called 39 times in one day, so I finally answered to tell him to stop calling and he gave me a sob story about needing money to get out. His court date is Nov. 13th, so I told him no. I have 2 kids and Christmas is coming up (not to mention that he already owes me over $500 from helping him previously that I’ll never get back). Well, apparently he has called my dad and grandfather and asked them for help, no doubt crying and really putting on. They both live up north, and we don’t see them very often. My grandfather is very rich, but he has always sort of treated us like we are some kind of redneck trash. He’s never even seen either of my kids (8 and 2 years old), and although I send Christmas cards every year and try to occasionally email him to keep in touch, he chooses not to have any relationship with us. Well, not only did I just find out that my grandfather paid D’s bond and hired a lawyer to get him out of it, but he also gave him $500 and a Rolex a couple of months ago when he was in town and visited him! And about a year and a half ago, he gave him his old Mercedes car (yes, it was a 90’s model, but it was still a freakin Mercedes and he GAVE it to him). D sold the car, and the drug dealer he sold it to got arrested later and the car was impounded. He also pawned the Rolex, spent the money, and is now out of jail. His court date is Friday. He’s currently at a bus station begging for money to come home (which will mean he is skipping court)! I’m so mad right now. D is so irresponsible and yet my grandfather continues to do for him. Yet I’m actually doing well and have my life in order and he won’t even acknowledge me or my family. When I was 12 years old, I was invited to Washington DC for an academic award, I asked him if he could help me cover the fee to go and he said he would try to come up with half -$150 (which he never did). Since then, I’ve never asked him for anything. I don’t want his money, I just want a relationship and for my kids to know their great grandfather. And D staying in and out of jail, calling him all the time, and asking for help does nothing for the way he sees us. Now, to top it all off, I bought my little brother a Fossil watch for his 21st birthday last year, and I found out today that it came up missing when D was home before he went to jail!

Re: The poster's name is TickledPink.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards