Washington-Seattle
Options

Green Lake Jewelry question!

Quick question - do we need an appointment at Green Lake Jewelry?  We're thinking about going up tomorrow to look at bands, but we don't have an appointment.

Re: Green Lake Jewelry question!

• Options
    Koolkay83Koolkay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally recommend to make an appointment. FI and I are customers there and its best to set one up so they can help you one on one. Got my e-ring there and FI is awaiting for his wedding ring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great Place! You don't need an appointment, but they are greatly recommended! That way, you will walk in and it will be all about you and not trying to fit you in. :) Usually you can call day of and still get in. Especially if you can go during the middle of the day. :) GL and Have Fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do either way ... when I went in the first time I didn't have an appointment, which was nice because it gave me a few minutes to sit and look at books since I wasn't 100% sure what I was going for.

Also woo wedding bands!

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know how their prices are for custom made rings?  I am so scared to go and find out...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Koolkay83Koolkay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally not sure how much customed made rings are. My FI won't let me know the amount lol.

I know that wood rings are about $130 with tax or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ring is a plain 14K white gold band, euroshank, and it cost just over $700.  that's pretty costly for what it is. However, we got it there because next year for our 1-year anniversary, we're getting 3 stones and the engraving. We just decided to do it in two parts.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    LuminousMuseLuminousMuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how elaborate the custom ring is it can get a bit pricey.  My e-ring as shown below was somewhere between $2,000-3,000 (FI can't recall exact) but that was just over a year ago and gold prices have gotten so high that gold now costs about the same as platinum...which is kinda good if you always wanted platinum but couldn't justify the price.  His band that we recently ordered is running just over $3,000 because of the jump in metal prices.  It's platinum and has a few tiny stones and will have an etched design with enamel in it to give it some color.  HTH!

• Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got our rings today from Green Lake Jewelry, both in white gold as the metal just looks better against our skin tones. After having my heart set on a ring for the last 4 months, I ended up getting a plain, classic band instead of a carved one. Combined, both our rings total just over 1k. (His has some fancier rails running across it.)

It can get pricier for a custom ring, but it really depends on what you want. (The custom carving I wanted would've ended up costing about 850, the quote given us about a month ago.) Neither of us are big fans of diamonds, and we're not really ornate people. Also, ditto what pp said about the cost of gold rising. Metal is really expensive lately.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH worked in the commercial jewelery industry for 10 years... now he does it privately for friends and family so I know the answer to some of these questions....

The cost is going to depend on several things including how elaborate your design is, how thick the gold (or platintum) is, if you want a wax copy of it before you give the go ahead, are the stones prong set, channel set or bezel set, do you supply the stones or does the jeweler, etc.  Gold is $1200 an ounce right now. Platinum is $1800. White gold is created by a process called Rhodium plating so there is an additonal cost over yellow gold.  Also figured into the cost it the jeweler's hourly charge and the store's overhead. 
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't end up needing an appointment, and we got right in to see someone.

The basic bands at Green Lake were comparably priced to other stores (in fact, they all seem to buy from the same wholesaler).  I haven't gotten the quote from the other jeweler who could do the custom work we inquired about, so I can't compare apples to apples yet.

Assuming they have them in stock, we'll probably end up getting our bands from the same local jeweler who sold FI my e-ring.  They gave us the most information about the bands we were looking at, and they're in town, so they're more conveniently located.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards