Wedding Woes
Options

Am I wrong?

When a relative calls to say she wants to host TG dinner her house, is it wrong to assume that she will cook the turkey?
MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Am I wrong?

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Um. WTH is being the host then?Is someone suppose to transport a large cooked turkey to the house?  That's keltarded.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not wrong. But I want to hear any story that involves the host not thinking they have to supply turkey.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHICH RELATIVE?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, no, you are not wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well we know MIL would never trust PMB with the turkey...
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i know!  IS IT SIL?
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    PMB ANSWER ME
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Are you saying she's going to get a Boston Market turkey, or that she's expecting someone else to bring it? Either way, emu eye.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's nothing wrong with a Boston Market turkey. Then again, the first "real" turkey I had was two years ago, so I don't know much. That being said, I'd assume they'd provide the turkey and offer to bring a side/dessert.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was sure normal people would make the same assumption, but I was dealing with SIL.She calls Friday night to say/get affirmation that it would better to host TG at her house because she won't have to worry about her kids. I think that's a stupid reason because her kids are out of control 24/7 anyway. SIL tells me my parents are welcome. I say "Thanks" and tell her I'll have to check with my mom because I do have an uncle that lives in the area and mom might have her own plans. I had no idea if she heard me or if she responded because her brats were screaming inthe background. Finally, I hear, "It's NO BIG DEAL TO ME IF HE COMES, PMB. WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING FANCY. I'M SERVING DINNER AT 1PM."There's no point in trying to clarify so I make a few suggestions about what I and my parents can bring if we make it a multi-family event. SIL's response, "And what am I supposed to bring, PMB?" "Umm, the turkey??"Then she says, "You want me to make the turkey?"WTF?
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    She's seriously stupid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So what was she planning to do, order pizza? If so I highly recommend the roasted garlic from Round Table.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yeeeah, I'd be skipping that family "dinner".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bless her heart.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So did she think she'd bring all the sides and someone else would supply the turkey? I'm guessing she's just used to her mother doing everything and assumed she'd do the turkey because she's the only one that can do it right or something dumb.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, I said, "I just thought you were since you're having TG at your house?" That's when she tells me MIL wants to make the Turkey. I believe that, but I also believe that MIL knows her daughter would freak out and MIL would have to make the turkey anyway. It's a sick and twisted cycle.It works out though. SIL's dinner is at 1pm and my parents are never on time so there won't be any rushing between families.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The last time I hosted my mom offered to bring the turkey and I let her.  But in my family, we never carve the turkey at the table, so transportation wasn't difficult. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Your SIL is dumb, dumb, dumb.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    awesome!  i enjoyed this laugh.btw, fried turkey from popeye's is awesome.  you should bring that.  mil will have a thrombo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards