Wedding Woes
Options

I am not 10 anymore, Dammit! (long)

Apparently my family still thinks that I am a child and that my parents need to be the ones to relay messages and guilt.Case 1) my sister and the photo session of my being sick. Rather than telling ME she was upset, she called my mother and my mother called me.Case 2) my uncle is expecting baby #2. I got the information 12th hand. He never told me himself. I got an email while I was sick with a photo of kid #1 holding a sign saying she's having a baby sister. I didn't reply to the email - I was sick and not replying to anything. Rather than call me or email me and tell me he was hurt by my lack of response, he told my mother who told me.So not only does my family relay this to my mother, rather than telling them to talk to me themselves she gets all up in it. I am not a child. If you have a problem with me, TELL ME!This might also be a case of someone telling my mom they're upset and she's taking it upon herself to tell me. Either way, she needs to get out of the habit and realize that I'm an adult.She got all butt-hurt that neither H or I called her to tell her I was sick. When she asked that I tell her any time I'm sick I asked her if she wanted me to tell her every time I go to the bathroom, too. She wasn't amused.

Re: I am not 10 anymore, Dammit! (long)

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you H's relative? 
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not to pile on, but you seem to be missing the point -- this isn't about your mom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, it's about me. First I need to tell her to butt out and let people know to come to me. Then I need to tell my family. I also get invitations to holidays through my mom so I never know if we're actually invited or just tagging along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards