Washington-Seattle
Options

FI Opinion

Do any of your FI laugh at you for spending so much time on the boards? Mine thinks I'm so silly for checking this board all the time and then laughs at me when I make comments about posts! haha Does anyone else experience this?? :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FI Opinion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine laughs, but sometimes he chimes in on a response I should give. It's pretty funny!
    But he has admitted that without this board, I would have been very lost! I love you girls!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol yes he def chimes in as well...now he laughing at me for the 'board slang'.  He secretly loves it and I not so secretly love it! :) I even talk about the boards outside of being on them! haha I'm obsessed!!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, especially at first.  But recently he knows we've reaped the benefits b/c we found our WC and photographer on the Hawaii board, a couple girls on this board helped me with our invitations in PowerPoint, I learned about stamping on here from Sarack, and more.  So it's becoming more real to him.

He still thinks it's funny, though.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine is totally used to it. during the beginning (sorta) he thought a group of us were cyber bullies. I'm nice! haha. I think he's happy I have other people to ask about WR things so he can stay out of it. Today he told me .99 was so much money...... omg! he has NO IDEA!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He SERIOUSLY thought 99 cents was a lot of money?!?! Good Lord woman, are you sure you want to marry that nutter? o.O

kducharme - yeah, my FI laughed at first, especially as the slang started creeping into my language when I told him things. But he liked it because it was something I enjoyed and it gave me support in the planning and I totally died laughing the day he used STD in a sentence to me, using TK definition and he didn't even notice. BAHAHAHA.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kst- when i told him i wanted to buy those table number/menu holder things from ikea.. he was like, you sure are adding on the dollars. i told him they were .99 each and he goes.. how many do you get for .99.. dang! just one? he is so silly. i think he was joking but i was just like.. are you kidding me?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol Sara! That is funny! And I do like those holders, may have to check into those!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  He thinks I'm a little crazy.  He complains that I'm always on the internet.  I told him today he could go ahead and plan it if he'd rather.  : )
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarack - did you point out that you can always resell the dang things? My FI doesn't complain about money because he knows how hard I am trying to stick to our budget (he doesn't notice that I buy stuff out of my personal money a lot so am technically going to be over, heehee) and that the resell value will probably cut the cost of most stuff in half at the end.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI calls me "Bridezilla" whenever I get on TK.  But deep down he likes it, because he knows that the boards have been really helpful, and I have an outlet so I don't have to drive him insane with wedding details.
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He used to make fun of me at the beginning but not as much anymore. He too likes that I have somewhere else to go so he doesnt have to hear all about wedding all day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, FIe makes fun of me for being on the boards and taking advice from Knotties. I think once she said "if the Knotties said it was proper ettiquette to go jump off a cliff, would you?" But other times she thinks it's useful to get outside opinions on stuff, especially ettiquette Qs. And since she is heavily into other online board/chat whatever she doesn't think it's that crazy.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI doesn't really notice, unless I point out a post to him, but I don't think I'm very immersed into TK or other bridal websites (yet).
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he laughs that i'm still on here..........but he's gotten used to it.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha...glad I'm not the only one! :) He actually laughed about me posting this! haha His favorite abbreviation is STD...so mature!! :)  Now he calls me his 'fee' because of FI on here...he's silly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think he realizes since i do a lot of it while he is at work or when he's playing computer games.  Im sure as the date gets closer, and more decisions are being made  i will whip out the "the the other knotties thought" card :)
  • Options
    shelui4shelui4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI thinks its funny and cute that I'm on TK almost every day (even at work!). The only thing he complains is when I'm using his computer and he wants to go on HIS forum for cars..which he is on EVERY DAY! god.. he loves his car.. blah! So yeah both of us are basically 'fighting' on who gets to be on their board/forum that night... >__<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards