Wedding Woes
Options

Min - cutting for scrapping

I have this:http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/tools/t_12-inch30-cm-portable-trimmer.aspxI LOVE it for pictures. The little blade is under that orange thingy in the middle, and there are measurements everywhere so you can line it up however you'd like. It's only 12 inches, so it's a little limited, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything. I picked it up at Michael's and it was under $10, IIRC. Andplusalso, they always have sales and coupons. Did you save a lot of stuff from your trip? I scrapped our AZ trip last year, and I picked up brochures from every place we went, and saved all our tickets and receipts and stuff. It made for a great book, IMO. I can upload pics if you want to see it.

Re: Min - cutting for scrapping

• Options
    I have the same one. Maybe I'm inept, but I do not like it. I think the blade leaves ragged edges. It's good for scoring though.I also have one of the bypass trimmers. It gives much better edges, and you can cut more than one sheet at a time. But mine is only 9 inches so it doesn't work for full scrapbook sheets. I really want a huge one, but they're like $70. When I finally get my very own scrapbooking room it will be my first purchase though.
  • Options
    BMom - I saved EVERYTHING. I have a papernapkin ring with the ship's name on it, maps of everywhere and all of the bags that have the delft sytle design on them from every souvenier I purchased. I have been planning this scrapbook. I am thinking of purchasing cheap, white paper and using all of the maps I have to jazz up the background for the pics. I have ideas. I welcome any and all suggestions. Just recently I decided to give this book to my Mom. I am tres anxious about giving away my ticket to the Van Gough museum and Anne Frank house :( I'll probably scan them and give her the copies. My scrapping buddy has all sorts of everything for scrapping. Tools, punch outs, etc. She travels to Dallas for scrapping meetups. This book is going to small (at least I think it will be), so I'm going to use her for all of her supplies. The wedding book is going to be the majeur endeavor.
  • Options
    I did the map thing for a book I did for a Scandinavia trip. It turned out great. Most sleeves come with white paper in them, so you shouldn't have to buy it.
  • Options
    Dukis - yeeeeeesssss. You are right! I also bought a pre-fab book at Walmart that has pages and all the matching letters and accessories to make it easy on me. I'll probably use most of the less embellished pages and make some of my own with the maps. I saw some pre-fab books at Sam's that were really tight looking. Very good for those with no time or inclination to devote to scrapping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards