Wedding Woes
Options

Did we see this?

I was excited when I heard the blurb on the radio, but since half my problems are clots, I don't think I can use this, either. :( Boo. WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a new drug as the first non-hormonal treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding. The Food and Drug Administration says Lysteda tablets reduce bleeding by acting on a protein that helps blood clot. The drug is made by Newport, Ky.-based Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals. The main ingredient in the drug was first approved in 1986 as an injection for patients with hemophilia, an inheritable disease that prevents blood clotting. The FDA warns that taking Lysteda with hormonal contraceptive drugs can increase the risk of blood clots, stroke and heart attacks. Women should only use the products together if there is a strong medical need, the agency says.

Re: Did we see this?

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Interesting.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    This just makes me want to bemoan the general lack of research and development given to women's health problems. But I'll spare you all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No thanks!  I just continue using the industrial size overnight super-duper maxipads & live .. menopause isn't that far off!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    HE, I'm looking at 25 years till menopause. And I go through those overnighters in an hour - if I'm not moving. Though the upside is that my period only lasts 3 days, but I'm not sure that's enough good at this point.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I cannot possibly understand how this can be safe at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards