Wedding Woes
Options

Ideas, porfavor.

Every year my office adopts a needy family for the Holidays. Usually we have 2-4 kids and it's really hard to get enough $$ together for their gifts. (We always buy clothing first, then food gift certs, then toys and "wants")Well, this year (the year everyone got pay cuts...) we got a family with 7 kids. All of them older than 10. I'm trying to think of clever ways to raise the money (at least $100 per kid, so $700. I'm going to aim for $1000 though so we can include family and parent gifts). Anything brilliant fundraising ideas for me? TIA!

Re: Ideas, porfavor.

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go the Glee route and do pot cupcakes.  YWIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good idea, and they raised $1200, that would be perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bikini car wash?
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Change for Change -- take a gallon water jug and put it somewhere public. Ask people to drop their change in (best locations are near vending machines, cafeteria, etc.) It's small, but those coins tend to add up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    L-that's one of the things I was thinking about doing, but calling it "Pennies for Presents". too cutesy?
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so, it's telling you where the money is going and letting you know the donation can be small/simple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is blackhearted of me, but I don't think a family who chose to have 7 children deserves a free Christmas. Yes, I know it's not the kids' fault, but it still pisses me off. And what are the ages of these 7 kids, because it seems to me that unless they're Irish septuplets that odds are at least one of them is a legal adult.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In college we had penny wars. Each floor/organization/whatever got a jar. Pennies were plus 1 point per cent and silver was minus 1 point per cent. So you put pennies in your jar and silver in other groups jars. The team with the most points wins something. You raise more money because people are actively competing against each other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks, CW.  I hope you raise a substantial amount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about paying to wear jeans to the office? Are you allowed to wear them. You could pay $5 for the entire week or $5 to wear on Friday. Whatever would work in your office.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    book salebake sale
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and just because i know you will dd -- [img]http://i45.tinypic.com/25qydqh.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely pitch the bake sale idea.Nola-very cute idea, but we have no dress code. Thanks all! I appreciate the tips.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::wheezing::AHHHHH!!!  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretending that hmo didn't post that :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Pong for Presents? Charge $15 a person to enter into the beer pong competition (or have the contenders have people donate per score, miss, whatever) and that money could add up and come on now, you work around college kids.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hmo's post = best post of the day

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards