Washington-Seattle

Re: Friday Rant/Rave Here

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha! I just posted this!!! :o)

Whoops! Anyway...

RANT: I was up at 4:00am stressing about our venue. I am really worried that it's going to be just too small and not work logistically. But I haven't seen it in a few months and so I know my memory is making me think it's smaller than it really is.

RAVE: We don't have the budget for e-pics, so my BM has generously offered to take some pictures for us, just so we'll have something. We're taking them this afternoon!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rant: my MOH is getting married tomorrow and my dress TOTALLY did not fit. when she gave it to me 3 weeks ago, i tried it on and couldn't zip it myself..so i asked her to help zip for me...she said she couldn't get it up, but it would definitely zip if i wasn't so hot and panicky (i was in a hurry). fast forward to two days ago...after dieting very well the last 3 weeks, i try it on again and it is WAY TOO SMALL. the top of the zipper is about 5 inches apart from each other. i'm pretty sure i got the wrong size completely (they messed up another dress in the our batch, too). so tomorrow, 86 degree weather, i will be wearing a corset that does not allow me to breathe, but allows me to wear the dress.

rave: i impressed myself with my sewing abilities by letting it out myself as well as adding in a privacy panel (they're super deep v-necks). everybody else paid to have their panel's added in.

rave2: it's a beautiful, sunny day!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good work Jenn!

Rant:  FI is having his "bachelor weekend" this weekend.  He went over to Moses Lake to golf, boat, and play poker with his buddies.  I'm not really ranting about it per say, but I miss him AND he took MY car (he need the space for the cornhole boards & his golf clubs).  I love my car more than any person should love a car, so I miss IT too.  Plus I just know he's going to pull a muscle golfing, or get a horrible sunburn Hangover-style, since the wedding is in a week.  Sigh.

Rave:  The weather is looking decent.  Things are wrapping up.  My mom is being totally awesome & took time off to be my biitch basically, and has totally been on top of it, gathering all the last minute little things.  A huge load off me, especially since she's purchasing some of these things, and doesn't expect me to reimburse her anytime soon (if at all).  Also, one of my BMs is ironing ALL of the napkins for me (LOVE this!), and going with me to see Ramona & Beezus tomorrow!  Woo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant - Not really a rant, just me being impatient - had our E-pix taken on Tuesday and still waiting for them, granted, our photographer said it would be 4-5 days before we saw anything :)

Rave - I'm actually taking all 3 days off this week - Sun/Mon/Tues are all mine!!! And they should be beautiful !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant - So broke it's not even funny.  Also, this day is too long. I would like to go home now please so I can enjoy my evening of not being able to afford to do anything fun.  Ah, good times.

Rave - We've got a friend's wedding tomorrow that I'm super excited about and the weather is looking good. 
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  FMIL is harassing me to buy FI's niece (who is 5 yrs older than FI, she is the granddaughter from FFIL's 1st marriage) a baby present, for the baby she had last week.  I'm hella broke right now, and don't feel like adding this expense on this second.  And why is she harassing me, and not FI?!?   I guess she will be my niece too, and her daughter will be my great-niece (is that right?), but baby presents can wait a little bit.  We haven't even heard from the niece since the baby was born, and FI has called and left messages.  I'm only 25, and all that makes me feel ridiculously old!

Rave:  It looks like it will be a beautiful weekend!  And I'm going to use one of my Living Social coupons for a long deserved date night with FI tonight Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  The usual: stressed out, broke, need to work out.  And feel like some (most?) of my friends and family are not nearly as excited about this wedding as I would like them to be.  One of my closest friends complained to me the other day that my bachelorette (which has been planned for months and I polled everyone on available dates) is the same weekend as Seafair and she wanted to go to Seafair.  Still only 17 RSVPs and I don't think any of FI guests (all OOT) have bought plane tickets yet.

Rave:  Shower this weekend and it should be sunny and beautiful!  2 of my other friends stole FI this afternoon to make a video of him answering questions for a shower game.  How cute.  My dad is making a bamboo arbor for the ceremony and it looks better than expected so far. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant 1) I have no more money to spend on wedding stuff that's not already budgeted.  None.  Nada.  With so little time left now, there's just no more discretionary income coming in.  Boo.
    Rant 2) I wish a couple of my vendors would call me back.  I know it's little details at this point, but I want to be done with those little details!

Rave - We booked our welcome dinner spot and our day-after activity this week, which means the big decisions are DONE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant - I am broke too! Way too busy. I Really should not be on here, but I just wanted to check in with you guys. Rave - Getting my hair done tomorrow and we got our xbox back so I can play lego harry potter.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I'm broke as well.  Weddings are effing expensive!!!!

Rant:  Got a call from the company - I didn't get the position.

Rave: The senior HR lady wants me to come in next week to interview for the second admin postion that they have.

Rave: DH's first track day in a while, the first for me to go see him this weekend & my first time attending as his wife!! :)

Rave: Meeting up with BM for drinks tonight!

Rave: It's SUNNY!!!!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rave: Im getting a baby bunny on sunday.. Will post pix!

rave: Having a BBQ on sunday

rave: getting two paychecks today

Rant: can't think of anything :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards