Washington-Seattle
Options

Help me pick my cake?

Sorry i am being a pw. but I need help. I picked my flavors but what should it look like? I like simple. And was hoping to make it go along with my rustic fun theme. The only thin I cant do is crazy scroll work. Simple scroll is fine. Otherwise the cost goes up. Does anyone want to help? Please. Or at least show me your inspiration. I am on wedding over load and cant seem to figure out the last details :(

Re: Help me pick my cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who's making your cake? What are your flavors (just because I want to know!)
    Also - I don't remember seeing and you don't have in your bio, so are you doing any sort of cake topper?
    You've got DIY cupcake stands, are you serving cupcakes and just having a cutting cake?

This will help me narrow some ideas down :) Also, do you prefer white cake or color?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could easily see something like this (which I believe is what Jennyann is going with) and do the ribbons in your blue and red

What would also look great is the cake they show in the OnceWed tutorial for the DIY rustic wood cake stand. I like the simple spatula technique on the side. This would translate easily to a tiered cake.

If you don't have a topper, then you could do what they did below. Just a pile of shaved chocolate curls (perhaps dyed your blue) and some dotted red berries.

• Options
    edited December 2011

This girl on my local board is using a big piece of circle wood as her cake stand. That would be awesome for you! I think some red ribbon and alternating teal scroll work would be gorgeous! :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The four below are ones I found with your theme in mind just to give you some ideas:

This one below I thought would be cool if it was just smooth white icing with thinner strips of burlap around each layer instead of ribbon

These were my inspiration pictures and the last one is the one we decided to go with:

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know where or how to get one of those big stumps for a cake stand I LOVE that idea. And all of these. Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing something like this but with vertical piping instead of little dots. It's from Kelli's website :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

http://www.etsy.com/listing/44932848/15-inch-tree-slice-stand-with-branch

kind of expensive though, not sure if you may be able to find it anywhere cheaper

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, the cake with the names carved into the side of the "tree" is ADORABLE!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tygirl - I like that idea but that particular one looks a little..um...lumpish to me :)

Alyssa - maybe also try posting on Craigslist? And look in the free and garden sections? Sometimes people might have stumps or something to get rid of.
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone :)

Kst- I am a bit farther away than most of you so I am going through Pioneer Bakery in puyallup

the flavors are pink champayne with bavarion creme, almond with raspberry and lemon cake with lemon fopping.  mmmm now I am hungry  Nothing too excited FI is very traditional when it comes to food :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards