Wedding Woes
Options

zebra party

It's coming up fast. I would so love to get these shoes for H to wear. He might even do it if it would make the kids laugh, but I don't know that I can do $36 for a gag like that. Maybe he can reuse them for halloween?

Re: zebra party

• Options
    Maybe DIY. Buy some cheap white shoes and paint black stripes or use black tape.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_zebra-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1356688c-9e57-4317-9d78-a2773f38725fPost:6d04c3cb-c7b3-4f3a-91eb-1f01646229dc">Re: zebra party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe DIY. Buy some cheap white shoes and paint black stripes or use black tape.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm. Interesting idea.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I did find some plushy zebra print pajama pants for myself. I'm still on the fence over whether to wear them to the party. I mean, they're clearly not "real" pants, but they cover everything, and I might get a pass since it's a 4yo's birthday party, you know?</div>

• Options
    you can modge podge zebra cloth to shoes pretty easy too...I've done it.  Not great ly permanenet (you can soak it off) and cheap :)
  • Options
    I think it is dangerous to put those into the closet of a man who insists on wearing shoes until they fall apart.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Also interesting. I hadn't really explored any zebra fabric ideas.

I resolved to spend less on this party, and I am, but it is not as much less as I was hoping. And I still haven't bought any food, which is the big thing. Trying to decide if it's worth $50 to rent a pavilion at the park just so I don't really have to clean my house.

• Options
    It's worth it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_zebra-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1356688c-9e57-4317-9d78-a2773f38725fPost:d5c0bb6e-de06-4ae1-a816-260313430adc">Re: zebra party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is dangerous to put those into the closet of a man who insists on wearing shoes until they fall apart.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

<div>::snort:: so true.</div><div>
    </div><div>Then again, they are supposed to be cheap halloween costume shoes, so maybe they'll fall apart after just a few wears.</div>

• Options
    it's worth it to rent the pavillion. 

I'm betting Mr. D could use the zebra shoes to replace his beach shoes. these are equally appropriate. 
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    I'm pretty sure I've seen zebra striped duct tape.   You could do all kinds of things with that, including shoes.

ETA: I think I saw the zebra duct tape at Jo-Ann and at Target.
  • Options
    AF is right, I just saw the zebra striped duct tape at Walmart.  That's a good idea.
  • Options
    i'm sure they retain some resale value on ebay.
  • Options

I am planning to explore the duct tape. It's kindof pricey, though, for something I don't have an exact use planned for. I did get some zebra print crepe streamers. I might still do some duct tape, but I figure I have enough zebra print stuff that now I can just get plain black or white to fill in any gaps. Tablecloths is one thing I'll do in black or white. I think dollar tree has black.

• Options
    They have the duct tape at Hobby Lobby, print one of the 40% off coupons before you go.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re:zebra party:[QUOTE]I am planning to explore the duct tape. It's kindof pricey, though, for something I don't have an exact use planned for. I did get some zebra print crepe streamers. I might still do some duct tape, but I figure I have enough zebra print stuff that now I can just get plain black or white to fill in any gaps. Tablecloths is one thing I'll do in black or white. I think dollar tree has black. Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]
    You can probably get zebra print duct tape from amazon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_zebra-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1356688c-9e57-4317-9d78-a2773f38725fPost:11809dba-9967-4104-9aa1-fb2f2df855bd">Re: zebra party</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have the duct tape at Hobby Lobby, print one of the 40% off coupons before you go.
    Posted by pegasuskat[/QUOTE]

<div>DG doesn't shop there because of the Christian-ness of it all. ;-)</div>
  • Options
    Barbie, I was getting ready to say the same things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards