Washington-Seattle
Options

Parent gifts?

I see lots of TK brides getting their parents thank you gifts.  I hadn't heard of doing anything more than a photo album as a thank you gift until TK.  I'm leaning towards just giving them each a photo album and a nice thank you card/letter, which they'll get when the pics are in and we can get the albums made.  It just feels weird to think about getting them more than that.

So... what all are you doing, and why?

Re: Parent gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious about this too. We have parents and step parents that helped us with the wedding and we don't really have a lot of $$ to get them fancy gifts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats all I'm doing.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, that's all DH and I are doing. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting them parent albums, too.

Of course, we haven't actually picked out our photos or anything ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_parent-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:a30fd993-2f11-47d4-adf7-b7484c5e0f30Post:2639134e-3d78-4667-a46d-70234c4f2102">Re: Parent gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting them parent albums, too. Of course, we haven't actually picked out our photos or anything ...
    Posted by melissa82[/QUOTE]

Still?? Lol.... :D
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's that common to get them additional gifts besides photo albums. That's all we're doing. I *had* wanted to do hand-embroidered handkerchiefs for all of them but didn't start soon enough and couldn't source what I wanted in time.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the photo albums too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MerryfjMerryfj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I created a photobook of our engagement photos through Mypublisher. We'll hand write a thanks for all the help with the wedding note inside. On a side note-adoramapix's quality is much better than mypublisher.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be giving a photo album as well with engagement and wedding pics.  It's too much like them buying their own gift to give anything else. Well, sort of.  As far as my dad is concerned we are paying for the wedding our selves.  Honey's mom was super generous and gave us a very nice $ gift when she heard how much ot I'm working to pay for this gig!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gina, I'm with you.  Our parents are paying for most of the wedding stuff, so it's hard to justify buying them something beyond a wedding album/photos.

Good to know I'm not alone in this!
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_parent-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:a30fd993-2f11-47d4-adf7-b7484c5e0f30Post:95071ea6-7d6d-4dcb-bb98-690e86968083">Re: Parent gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parent gifts? : Still?? Lol.... :D
    Posted by Tygirljojo[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, I guess it's pretty bad. Although lots of people I know who were married before me haven't picked out their photos either so I thought it was a common thing and that made me feel better. =)

We've also had our video for at least a month or two and still haven't watched it. H is always traveling and when he's finally home he doesn't necessarily want to watch the wedding video and I guess I feel like it's sad to watch it by myself, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nah, you should totally watch it!  I wish we had a video.  Shoot, I wish I had gone through and tried harder to find someone to record just the ceremony.  I'd love to have a video from jus that.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tygirl - who are you responding to about the video? I can't wait to get ours, I swear it was all so surreal that the day is kind of a blur except for very specific moments.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KST - Sorry, that was to Melissa. :P  Yeah, my little brother got bits of the ceremony on his phone and I loved watching those little bits.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards