Wedding Woes
Options

How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?

I got engaged early November 2009. I immediately picked out and asked my two bridesmaids to be in the wedding that is coming up in early October 2010. One of them lives about 40 miles from me where she goes to College. I had asked if she thought it would be a problem to come down for dress shopping and basic wedding stuff (shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal+rehearsal dinner, wedding) because I would understand if she couldn't make it down because of whatever reasons..money, busy with college, whatever. She said it wasn't a problem at all and she would come down soon to dress shop and discuss other things. A few months later when I was getting into planning colors and such I asked her if there was anywhere around there where she lives now that could give her her measurements and I'd help her look for a dress if she couldn't make it so I could make it easier on her. She said not to worry and she'd just come around here soon to shop with me and the other bridesmaid. Then she finds out around late January or so that she is going to be doing this internship about 700 miles away during fall of 2010 (which is when my wedding is of course) but that she'd be happy to fly down for anything I needed her for. I asked if she was sure and I didn't want to get in the way of her awesome time with the internship and she said it was no problem at all. A few weeks later she drove over to the city I live and texted me about midnight asking if I wanted to meet her at a local bar where she was with her other friends from around here. I couldn't because I was working and she left for back home in the wee hours of the morning..of course the time that she was in town was when no dress shops were open. She told me she'd be back again soon to dress shop. I have bought my dress, my MOH bought hers around February, I have the cake and venue and invites and photographer and some decorations picked..I mean my fiance and I are close to being finished with planning this but without her picking a dress I can't choose the floral arrangements or the groomsmens tuxes since they are supposed to match and all. My MOH asked nicely about two weeks ago if she knew when she could come down and she said she had just gotten done with finals and had her summer break and time to come down "soon" (same word she's used for months) and with 4 months and a few odd days now I think soon isn't coming soon enough! I haven't asked for her help on anything I just need her to pick out a dress. I gave her the choice of a good few colors and said ANY style works and said she could browse online and send me pictures of ones she liked if she couldn't make it here but even that hasn't happened. I would hate to see the wedding come between us as friends but I vowed to my fiance and I we'd plan this thing in a timely manner as best we could so that the weeks leading up wouldn't be SO stressful. So far we've done a great job of this. Also, I have another girl that would be willing to take her place and take over as soon as I give her the green light. Dress shop and start helping my MOH plan the shower and bachelorette party (which the other bridesmaid hasn't asked about yet either) and another thing, the bridesmaid was supposed to come to my and my fiances house warming party last weekend, said she was coming and never showed and no explanation. My MOH is known for being unreliable but she's the one thats doing good! I just need another bridesmaid that will take some initiative. Bridesmaid number one has had almost 7 months..with only 4 left I don't think I can handle anymore waiting..and if she isn't going to drive 40 miles for dress shopping or a party she said she'd come to (but will for drinking apparently) I doubt she will FLY 700 miles to attend the wedding and the events leading up to it. So hopefully you guys don't think I am being a bridezilla, but either way what should I say to her to let her know I want to replace her before its too late?

Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    paragraphs please.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:de174f6d-e636-403b-aef0-f34e92c43964">How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got engaged early November 2009. I immediately picked out and asked my two bridesmaids to be in the wedding that is coming up in early October 2010. One of them lives about 40 miles from me where she goes to College. I had asked if she thought it would be a problem to come down for dress shopping and basic wedding stuff (shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal+rehearsal dinner, wedding) because I would understand if she couldn't make it down because of whatever reasons..money, busy with college, whatever. She said it wasn't a problem at all and she would come down soon to dress shop and discuss other things. A few months later when I was getting into planning colors and such I asked her if there was anywhere around there where she lives now that could give her her measurements and I'd help her look for a dress if she couldn't make it so I could make it easier on her. She said not to worry and she'd just come around here soon to shop with me and the other bridesmaid. Then she finds out around late January or so that she is going to be doing this internship about 700 miles away during fall of 2010 (which is when my wedding is of course) but that she'd be happy to fly down for anything I needed her for. I asked if she was sure and I didn't want to get in the way of her awesome time with the internship and she said it was no problem at all. A few weeks later she drove over to the city I live and texted me about midnight asking if I wanted to meet her at a local bar where she was with her other friends from around here. I couldn't because I was working and she left for back home in the wee hours of the morning..of course the time that she was in town was when no dress shops were open. She told me she'd be back again soon to dress shop. I have bought my dress, my MOH bought hers around February, I have the cake and venue and invites and photographer and some decorations picked..I mean my fiance and I are close to being finished with planning this but without her picking a dress I can't choose the floral arrangements or the groomsmens tuxes since they are supposed to match and all. My MOH asked nicely about two weeks ago if she knew when she could come down and she said she had just gotten done with finals and had her summer break and time to come down "soon" (same word she's used for months) and with 4 months and a few odd days now I think soon isn't coming soon enough! I haven't asked for her help on anything I just need her to pick out a dress. I gave her the choice of a good few colors and said ANY style works and said she could browse online and send me pictures of ones she liked if she couldn't make it here but even that hasn't happened. I would hate to see the wedding come between us as friends but I vowed to my fiance and I we'd plan this thing in a timely manner as best we could so that the weeks leading up wouldn't be SO stressful. So far we've done a great job of this. Also, I have another girl that would be willing to take her place and take over as soon as I give her the green light. Dress shop and start helping my MOH plan the shower and bachelorette party (which the other bridesmaid hasn't asked about yet either) and another thing, the bridesmaid was supposed to come to my and my fiances house warming party last weekend, said she was coming and never showed and no explanation. My MOH is known for being unreliable but she's the one thats doing good! I just need another bridesmaid that will take some initiative. Bridesmaid number one has had almost 7 months..with only 4 left I don't think I can handle anymore waiting..and if she isn't going to drive 40 miles for dress shopping or a party she said she'd come to (but will for drinking apparently) I doubt she will FLY 700 miles to attend the wedding and the events leading up to it. <strong>So hopefully you guys don't think I am being a bridezilla, but either way what should I say to her to let her know I want to replace her before its too late?</strong>
    Posted by followthrough[/QUOTE]

<div>say: "You suck as a bridesmaid, and I'm replacing you with someone else. I no longer want to be friends with you."</div><div>
    </div><div>now ask what I think of you for all of this... pretty please?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No.

Are the BM's wearing the same style dress? If so, give her the label and dress # so she can order from a shop where she lives. If you''re not doing matchy matchy then stop worrying about it and tell her to get pick out a dress from any local shop.

Finally, BM's are only required to show up at the wedding, nothing more.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:de174f6d-e636-403b-aef0-f34e92c43964">How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got engaged early November 2009. I immediately picked out and asked my two bridesmaids to be in the wedding that is coming up in early October 2010. One of them lives about 40 miles from me where she goes to College.

I had asked if she thought it would be a problem to come down for dress shopping and basic wedding stuff (shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal+rehearsal dinner, wedding) because I would understand if she couldn't make it down because of whatever reasons..money, busy with college, whatever.

' She said it wasn't a problem at all and she would come down soon to dress shop and discuss other things. A few months later when I was getting into planning colors and such I asked her if there was anywhere around there where she lives now that could give her her measurements and I'd help her look for a dress if she couldn't make it so I could make it easier on her. She said not to worry and she'd just come around here soon to shop with me and the other bridesmaid.

Then she finds out around late January or so that she is going to be doing this internship about 700 miles away during fall of 2010 (which is when my wedding is of course) but that she'd be happy to fly down for anything I needed her for. I asked if she was sure and I didn't want to get in the way of her awesome time with the internship and she said it was no problem at all.

A few weeks later she drove over to the city I live and texted me about midnight asking if I wanted to meet her at a local bar where she was with her other friends from around here. I couldn't because I was working and she left for back home in the wee hours of the morning..of course the time that she was in town was when no dress shops were open. She told me she'd be back again soon to dress shop.

I have bought my dress, my MOH bought hers around February, I have the cake and venue and invites and photographer and some decorations picked..I mean my fiance and I are close to being finished with planning this but without her picking a dress I can't choose the floral arrangements or the groomsmens tuxes since they are supposed to match and all.

My MOH asked nicely about two weeks ago if she knew when she could come down and she said she had just gotten done with finals and had her summer break and time to come down "soon" (same word she's used for months) and with 4 months and a few odd days now I think soon isn't coming soon enough! I haven't asked for her help on anything I just need her to pick out a dress.

I gave her the choice of a good few colors and said ANY style works and said she could browse online and send me pictures of ones she liked if she couldn't make it here but even that hasn't happened. I would hate to see the wedding come between us as friends but I vowed to my fiance and I we'd plan this thing in a timely manner as best we could so that the weeks leading up wouldn't be SO stressful. So far we've done a great job of this.

Also, I have another girl that would be willing to take her place and take over as soon as I give her the green light. Dress shop and start helping my MOH plan the shower and bachelorette party (which the other bridesmaid hasn't asked about yet either) and another thing, the bridesmaid was supposed to come to my and my fiances house warming party last weekend, said she was coming and never showed and no explanation.

My MOH is known for being unreliable but she's the one thats doing good! I just need another bridesmaid that will take some initiative. Bridesmaid number one has had almost 7 months..with only 4 left I don't think I can handle anymore waiting..and if she isn't going to drive 40 miles for dress shopping or a party she said she'd come to (but will for drinking apparently) I doubt she will FLY 700 miles to attend the wedding and the events leading up to it.

So hopefully you guys don't think I am being a bridezilla, but either way what should I say to her to let her know I want to replace her before its too late?

I added paragraphs for you.

You don't need to replace her. She's not a capacitor. Your wedding will go on if your sides don't match and you just take that ONE person out.

She doesn't actually owe you anything except to show up for your wedding. Clearly she has no intention of buying a dress any time soon, but really will your wedding be terrible if she shows up not dressed the same as the other girls? You wanted her to be a part of your bridal party presumably because you are good friends with her. If you're so willing to dump her now either you weren't very good friends or she's done a complete 180 on you in the last 7 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look I'm sick right now and I really don't care what format you wish me to type in, if you didn't want to read the whole thing you didn't have to.  I just wanted to ask opinions before its too late.  No, she doesn't have to wear what the other girl does and yes, I already told her she could shop locally or online or whatever she wants.  She's not required to show up to anything else but the point is that she said she would.  No my wedding would not be ruined smartass I told you already, whatever style she wants.  With the choice of like 5 colors. She doesn't have to do anything but she said she would and now she isn't. 

I want two bridesmaids and I will have two bridesmaids because another girl will replace her.  The one about to be kicked was supposed to be the more responsible one because my MOH is usually a bit ditzy.  Just in case the MOH gets overwhelmed planning the shower she is trying to plan I need someone else she can go to for guidance.  My cousin is going to be the replacement.

Thanks for all the help, no really.  Damn..
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:4fac80e0-88a2-46c2-b28f-6b861f466afc">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look I'm sick right now and I really don't care what format you wish me to type in, if you didn't want to read the whole thing you didn't have to.  I just wanted to ask opinions before its too late.  No, she doesn't have to wear what the other girl does and yes, I already told her she could shop locally or online or whatever she wants.  She's not required to show up to anything else but the point is that she said she would.  No my wedding would not be ruined smartass I told you already, whatever style she wants.  With the choice of like 5 colors. She doesn't have to do anything but she said she would and now she isn't.

I want two bridesmaids and I will have two bridesmaids because another girl will replace her.  The one about to be kicked was supposed to be the more responsible one because my MOH is usually a bit ditzy.  Just in case the MOH gets overwhelmed planning the shower she is trying to plan I need someone else she can go to for guidance.  My cousin is going to be the replacement.

Thanks for all the help, no really.  Damn..

You are a bridezilla.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you got your hopes up, but I do think you're a bridezilla.

If you gave her a choice of 5 colors, order flowers that can go with any of those colors. Put the guys in classic black tuxes with black vests and ties, and you're done. She can show up at the wedding wearing whateverthefuck dress she wants.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    if I was your cousin, I'd be insulted at only being worthy of being a 'replacement bridesmaid' and would tell you that you're a \#/ and that you need to EABOD and DIAF. 

actually, I'd give you the same response if i was your "friend" and you kicked me out of the bridal party. 

but then again, knowing that you're a \#/ would have caused me to say "no" when being asked to be a BM, so that really would have saved a lot of trouble. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not really.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How the hell am I a bitch? I haven't asked anything of her besides to just pick out a dress.  Not even buy it yet.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And to clarify: you asked for advice. When people didn't agree with you you instantly showed you are obtuse and rude. With people you don't know. Who gave you honest advice.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is her sister also handicapped?
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:ea32fff9-65aa-4a86-b895-8e675ef83a4d">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How the hell am I a bitch? I haven't asked anything of her besides to just pick out a dress.  Not even buy it yet.

<div>nobody called you a bitch, BC and TD called you a bridezilla, and I called you a crotchwaffle. </div><div>
    </div><div>but now that you mention it, bitch is quite appropriate. </div><div>
    </div><div>if we call you a moron, will you start a 2nd post about it?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When people first correct my sentence structure instead of giving me advice I can agree or disagree with I become rude, yes..and whos sister are you talking about? Random.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it showed up as \#/ so not sure what I was supposed to make out of that. Why would I make a second post just to be jumped on by a bunch of sad bitches on here that just wish they were planning a wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::sigh::

Demoting anyone in a wedding party is rude.  PERIOD.  Unless the person is a murdering, philandering, whore-bag, you really can't get away with it.  Now if a person willingly volunteers to step down, that's whole different story.

But alas, that is not the case.

There is your answer.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually I didn't complain about your sentence structure. I merely added paragraphs (because people rarely read a wall of text, and you won't get responses) and then responded. And I responded honestly. It's rude to kick someone out of your bridal party, but it's friendship ending to replace them. Not to mention how the replacer will feel.

You're taking a bad situation and making it worse by over reacting.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So you're upset because we didn't tell you you're exactly right. Go ahead and kick her out of your wedding. Tell her that obviously she has her priorities backward if she's putting college and an internship ahead dress shopping for your wedding. Then come back and tell us how it went.
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fail to see the problem here.  If she is busy, pick out a dress for her and tell her to order it.  Its that simple.

People have lives.  You cant expect them to dedicate a year to your wedding.

If you replace her, be prepared to ruin your relationship with her forever.  There are very few reasons to replace a BM, and this is certainly not one of them.

FWIW:  Its not your BM's responsibility to throw you a shower etc, or to even attend them.  Their only repsonsibilty is to show up the day of the wedding, smile for pics, hold your bouquet and fix your dress.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:f7afed67-3278-4026-bd43-69e043171121">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When people first correct my sentence structure instead of giving me advice I can agree or disagree with I become rude, yes..and whos sister are you talking about? Random.

No one wants to read a wall of text.  If you used paragraphs I could have skimmed it to get the point.  WHich is "Wahhhhhhh, Its MY day!!!!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::sigh:: 
    Thanks bunch of cunts
    but I'll just stick with the advice of real people like i should have in the beginning.  If she were a real friend she would either tell me she can't do it or she would have already done it.
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:4fac80e0-88a2-46c2-b28f-6b861f466afc">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE] She doesn't have to do anything but she said she would and now she isn't.<div>[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>Guess what, people changed their minds, things happen in life that can put a crunch in what time and money they have. How about you be a GOOD FRIEND and understand instead of throwing a tantrum and kicking her out of your wedding (which by the way is a FRIENDSHIP ENDING MOVE). </div><div>
    </div><div>[QUOTE] I want two bridesmaids and I will have two bridesmaids because another girl will replace her. [/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>Wow, you sound like your a spoiled child that HAS to get their way. I don't know you but if this your attitude with your family and friends you need an adjustment. You have one day for a wedding, the way you treat your family and friends just so you get what you want for your one day is not worth it. I have seen many people lose their friendship because some stubborn bride isn't getting what she wants and is taking it out on her friends and family.</div><div>
    </div><div>[QUOTE]  The one about to be kicked was supposed to be the more responsible one because my MOH is usually a bit ditzy.  Just in case the MOH gets <strong>overwhelmed planning the shower she is trying to plan I need someone else she can go to for guidance.</strong>  My cousin is going to be the replacement. Thanks for all the help, no really.  Damn..</div><div>Posted by followthrough</div><div>[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>Guess what? NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE is obligated to throw you a shower or any party. If your MOH doesn't plan one that is too bad, your MOH is a big girl if she wants help planning she will contact the bridesmaid if the bridesmaid says no she cant help then its up to the MOH to plan a party within her own means if she so choses.</div><div>
    </div><div>This is reality check, the actions you are about to do will destroy your friendship and will absolutely make you look like a bridezilla to others around you. Are you OK with that?</div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:e3a6e6e4-73ee-4c94-8e4e-2a9a7b17406a">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]::sigh::  Thanks bunch of cunts but I'll just stick with the advice of real people like i should have in the beginning.  If she were a real friend she would either tell me she can't do it or she would have already done it.

Keep it klassy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:e3a6e6e4-73ee-4c94-8e4e-2a9a7b17406a">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]::sigh::  Thanks bunch of <strong>cunts</strong> but I'll just stick with the advice of real people like i should have in the beginning.  If she were a real friend she would either tell me she can't do it or she would have already done it.

Anddd Done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:e3a6e6e4-73ee-4c94-8e4e-2a9a7b17406a">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]::sigh::  Thanks bunch of cunts but I'll just stick with the advice of real people like i should have in the beginning.  If she were a real friend she would either tell me she can't do it or she would have already done it.

Keep it classy Atlanta.

Way to get yourself banned.

If you were a real friend you wouldnt be such a selfish brat and would grow the eff up.  I hope your cousin tells you to go pound sand for being such a beast.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoever those "real people" are who are giving you advice suck at it. Do whatever you want. At this point I think kicking her out would be doing her a favor.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]::sigh::  <strong>Thanks bunch of cunts</strong> but I'll just stick with the advice of real people like i should have in the beginning.  If she were a real friend she would either tell me she can't do it or she would have already done it.

<div><strong><em><u>I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR BOUQUETS!!!</u></em></strong></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never told the BM to attend the shower but she said she was going to help plan it with the MOH, either way whatever.  I don't expect anyone to devote a year.  Just an hour (probably less, like with my MOH) to find a dress.  I don't know what size she wears.  She has her own sense of style and I wanted her to be happy she had plenty of room to find something she liked.

If asking her to do so before it got to be a month before the wedding is saying wahh its my day and I am a bitch so be it.  But my MOH and fiance and everyone else agrees she is being rediculous.  She has had plenty of time. She's had winter and spring breaks at college.  Her intern thing doesn't do anything until fall.  If she can come down to drink she can spend 10 minutes looking for a dress somewhere, anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you actually tried talking to bridesmaid instead of everyone else? 

You need to address it with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-bridesmaid-out-of-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:156162c8-073d-44b8-8a68-caa272855045Post:4fd86720-6ce2-43ca-a6d5-25baa199e3ad">Re: How do I kick my bridesmaid out of the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never told the BM to attend the shower but she said she was going to help plan it with the MOH, either way whatever.  I don't expect anyone to devote a year.  Just an hour (probably less, like with my MOH) to find a dress.  I don't know what size she wears.  She has her own sense of style and I wanted her to be happy she had plenty of room to find something she liked. If asking her to do so before it got to be a month before the wedding is saying wahh its my day and I am a bitch so be it.  But my MOH and fiance and everyone else agrees she is being rediculous.  She has had plenty of time. She's had winter and spring breaks at college.  Her intern thing doesn't do anything until fall.  If she can come down to drink she can spend 10 minutes looking for a dress somewhere, anywhere.

You are a moron and a cry baby and sound like a trash bag.

Your best bet is to slowly back away.  You want to call everyone gross names and then come back to explain your situation further?  No one gives a rats a$$ about your high school pity party.

These boards a full of girls with loads of experience and advice from a different perspective.  The fact that you disrespect us all because you didnt get the validation you wanted proves that you are a baby.  You are lucky the girls on this board are being easy on you.  Had you posted this on another board you would have gotten torn a new one.

Unless your next post is an apology, you should just go away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards