Wedding Woes
Options

make sure to read your contract

****  please read ***

I just want to make sure that I reach you. Yes, you. Staring at your computer, full of ideas and dreams.

READ...YOUR...CONTRACT..WITH...ANY...VENDOR

I had a horrible experience with my site vendor. But main thing is my ribbon knot from my handfasting ceremony got thrown away by my coordinator from the VENUE! She thought it was scraps. And according to their contract I signed they are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. I did not know it was lost til the next day. Long story short, she was told to hang on to it, did not, and now I am without a piece of my ceremony that was special to me and they feel no need to do or say anything except for we are sorry, but you signed a contract.

Find out what everyones responsiblities- and I mean EVERYONE
Make sure people are assigned any important task in advance
Make a checklist of the definitely need to leave with things by the evenings end

Don't be like me. Crying and upset that I should have planned better

Good luck and congrats!
Best, Serena

Re: make sure to read your contract

• Options
    Oh and really, it has nothing to do with reading your contract.
  • Options
    I think you're blaming the wrong person here. If I saw some random ribbon laying around I would probably assume it was garbage too. It sucks that the item got lost but sh*t happens.

And part of being an adult is reading any contract before you sign it...that's why you can't enter into a contract until you are legally an adult. That's what we call logic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_make-sure-to-read-your-contract-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:15c046fa-3d1f-4efe-bff6-b64025e7b1a6Post:ced3df2e-fc7e-4034-a5ad-d926a3cbc5a5">make sure to read your contract</a>:
    [QUOTE] ****  please read *** I just want to make sure that I reach you. Yes, you. Staring at your computer, full of ideas and dreams. READ...YOUR...CONTRACT..WITH...ANY...VENDOR I had a horrible experience with my site vendor. But main thing is my ribbon knot from my handfasting ceremony got thrown away by my coordinator from the VENUE! She thought it was scraps. And according to their contract I signed they are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. I did not know it was lost til the next day. Long story short, she was told to hang on to it, did not, and now I am without a piece of my ceremony that was special to me and they feel no need to do or say anything except for we are sorry, but you signed a contract. Find out what everyones responsiblities- and I mean EVERYONE Make sure people are assigned any important task in advance Make a checklist of the definitely need to leave with things by the evenings end Don't be like me. Crying and upset that I should have planned better Good luck and congrats!
    Posted by beanerton[/QUOTE]

So in a nutshell, you are upset you can't sue her for throwing ribbon away.

I'm sorry you don't have this item anymore, but do you see how ridiculous that sounds?
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    "So in a nutshell, you are upset you can't sue her for throwing ribbon away.

I'm sorry you don't have this item anymore, but do you see how ridiculous that sounds? "

EXACTLY.
  • Options
    I don't think its ridiculous. She was given the ribbon with the instruction to hold on to it for us. The officiant said to her, "please hold on to this for the couple for me, I have to go get the signatures". It was not "just lying around". So, I would have held on to it, if it were me. Its not like it was heavy. She just did not consider it important, her words.

Thank you all for the feedback.
    Best, Serena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards