July 2012 Weddings
Options

Big ugly pimple came out to say hello before the wedding

I'm pissed! I'm prone to getting huge disgusting pimples before my period so they're hormonal and there's nothing I can do about it. I haven't gotten one in MONTHS and I've been paranoid about getting one before the wedding because since they're usually so massive, I'm stuck with a dark mark for about 3 more months. Lo and behold, this month I get one. Thanks hormones, love ya too.

If there's anything lucky about this whole thing, it's smaller than usual. And on my chin instead of dead right in the middle of my face where it usually is. I'm not freaking out about it cuz I know it will have died by the time the wedding comes.. I'm just pissed! I'm hoping my MUA has some awesome concealer because I'm going to need it. My appointment is this Friday so she'll also to be a good luck at the son of a b!tch and get an idea of what she'll need to do to cover up the left over mark.

Anyone else get as unlucky as me? :(

Re: Big ugly pimple came out to say hello before the wedding

• Options
    I'm expecting one to show up the morning of the wedding. When we got engaged, I was so stressed with decision making that I had one for 3 months. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati - me too! I was going to post something similar b/c I never get pimples, and I have TWO right now. I heard so many ppl say it would happen, but I didn't think it would happen to me b/c I really am not prone to pimples. Arrrrg. 

What is the best thing to do for them? Any cream recommendations? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Me too Bmore! I usually don't get them, just the ocassional month. Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations. Nothing really seems to get the job done. So I'm just waiting it out :(
  • Options
    Yep, my wedding is in 4 days and I woke up with one this morning. Not to mention the big ugly red mark left over from one 2 weeks ago! I have decided the rest of the week until Friday I am wearing mascara only!!! Plus, that means everyone has to look at my unpainted face all week and that just means I'll look that much better with a full face on Friday!

Good luck fellow July '12 knotties!!! Let me just forewarn you, the last week is exactly how it's shown on Bridezillas!!!
  • Options
    I had 4 last week and I use proactive. I went to target and bought ACNEFREE terminator cream. You put it on once a day to a couple times a day and it reduced redness and all pimples in a matter of a few days. Im going to continue to put it on my problem areas to prevent them from coming back. I also wash my face in the morning and the evening and it has really helped reduce any from coming back. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    Ummm yep totally breaking out all over my chin and either started breaking out from suntan lotion all over my chest or its bug bites, ugh!  My arms have also been eaten alive the last few nights with mosquito bites.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ladies, this may sound weird but it works.

Toothpaste is your friend!! You must use the white toothpaste NOT the gel kind. It works like a charm.
    As soon as you feel a pimple coming on, apply toothpaste to it just before you go to bed. It usually takes 2 nights, the pimple either won't surface or be very tiny. Either way it's gone in 2 days.

My FI thought I was crazy when I told him but now he swears by it too.

I love home remedies!

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I use the Mary Kay acne stuff (its just spot treatment) and it is amazing! Not too expensive either.
  • Options
    Same here Nati!!!  I got mine on my nose...I'm freaking TICKED!!!!  I just hope that it goes away within the next 2 weeks...=( 
  • Options

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment. It works AMAZING. I suffer with acne. I had it bad when I was in high school and now it's turned into adult acne. Get stressed = break out. Period = breakout. Having a wonderful day = break out. I went to doctor after doctor. I found that if I put the clean and clear on under my makeup I don't have any problems. I put it on at night and the next morning my face is almost clear. It shrinks the pimples and reduces redness in 8 hours. I live by that stuff. I have used it for years. Well since I was in high school. Also get a good face scrub with acne medicine in it. I like Clean & Clear Advantage facial scrub. It has peroxide in it while the medicine has salyic acid in it. I know this is probably sounds horrible but I use alcohol to clean my face in the morning then apply face medicine and then a moisturizer (OIL FREE) then apply my makeup (I don't use foundation. Just moisturizer and powder). Try not to use anything oily or that will clog your pores. At night I use my scrub and then apply medicine again. I have done this for years and it works for me. I have oily - combination skin. Hope this helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards