Washington-Seattle

WR. But not MY wedding.

So..... if you guys knew that one of your friends was engaged, you'd invite BOTH to your wedding, right?  I mean, it's my understanding that engaged/married couples are one social unit, so you don't invite one without the other.

FI got an invitation to a wedding reception (the actual wedding was in NYC) addressed to Mr. Keith FIlastname.  There is no mention of me, or even "and guest" anywhere!  The RSVP deadline is very soon, and FI thinks that he can just say we're both coming.  But I don't really feel comfortable with that, because, well, I know that wedding etiquette says the invite is for the person it is addressed to, unless stated otherwise.

I told FI that if he wants us to go, he needs to just ask.  Is that what you'd do?  Just have him ask?  Also, am I being a bridezilla for being totally annoyed by this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WR. But not MY wedding.

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your FI should ask his friend to have you tag along(via phone, email, facebook, whatever is most convenient for him), but yeah... that friend is really lagging behind in the wedding etiquette area.  This would piss me off too, especially if you guys have lived together/been in committed relationship for a while.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know the people who invited your FI? if so, they should have included u in the invite. the only reason u should not be included is if they have no idea of ur existance.
    I think the best way to address it is to have FI call them up and ask. No beating about the bush on this one... im curious to hear the outcome of this... keep up posted.
  • edited December 2011
    if you know the people, they should have invited you too. i think you should just go.. what are they gonna do? kick you out? no.. you are a social unit. you are invited too..
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually don't really want to go, but that's beside the point.  I'll go if FI wants to (it's his friend), if I am invited.  I've never met the couple, but they definitely know FI is engaged (I think we've been engaged longer than they have).  I think I am extra-annoyed because I made sure when we were doing our guest list to ask FI about his friends' significant others, and to get their names.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Make him call. That's my advice. They should have included you if they know about you and if they didn't either yeah, their etiquette sucks and they just assumed you guys would figure it out, but that's not the right way to do it. I think we ALL know that, lol! Make your man ask.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think calling is best. yes, it's rude of the couple to not invite you, but she must just not be knot-savvy like us...
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards