Washington-Seattle
Options

Healthy Monday Check-in

I figured I'd start it today since nobody has yet!

I'm in a super good mood... lost another 1.5 lbs this week. Which means that I fit into my dress!! (Tight but do-able) Luckily I have another couple weeks to lost the remaining 2 lbs it will take to be comfortable in the dress. It's taken a huge weight off my shoulders-- hopefully I can maintain until the wedding!

On the downside, I'm getting tired of keeping up the healthy routine. If it wasn't for the motivation of the wedding/honeymoon coming up, I would be eating way more pizza and beer! Kinda worried what'll happen after we are married...
Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Healthy Monday Check-in

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice job!  I hear you on the part about being unsure of what will happen after the wedding. 

I did my pinch test last week since I finished a card at my personal training sessions.  Supposedly I dropped 4-5% body fat in the last 5 weeks, but that seems too good, so I'm going to say it was 3%.  Downside: I only went down 2 lbs. :(  Upside: I'm thisclose to going in another notch on my belt!  I think I can do it in a week...
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    D'oh! Since I'm focusing right now getting my whole upper right torso better and painfree by the wedding, I've dropped focus on the rest of any healthy attentions. Boo me. I don't *need* to drop any weight for my dress other than a pound or 2...or just stop drinking beer altogether which always seems to make me puff out a bit. :) I'd like to drop more but don't have the discipline and actually don't want to make my dress have to be altered a lot more! FI and I went for a walk yesterday and I did better than I thought I would with distance. I need to work on lung capacity seems to be my issue, but without regular walking all winter, my legs seemed pretty good. I'm just going to focus on working on my walking since depending on where we HM, we might do a hike one day and I want to enjoy it and not be the wimp holding people back.

Yay Alo! You can do it. As for after the wedding...to try to not gain it all back, perhaps set yourself a new kind of goal. I think I'm going to try for another 5K walk at the end of the summer as my next goal post-wedding.

Tygirl - almost nother notch? W00t!!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A 5k walk?  I can do a walk - can't do a run!
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah :) There are 5Ks and most of them don't have rules saying you HAVE to run. I can't run, bad knees, but walk I can do.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost 5 and a half pounds my first week back on the healthy eating wagon. Wahoo! Want to lose 14 more by the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh! I'm so glad for this post! And speaking of 5K's... you can TOTALLY run one! I started running when I was about 230 lbs and said I'd never be a runner or ever want to be a runner. But here I am today talking about running...

I started the C25K program today officially! My past running goals were always the fastest mile I could possibly get. But I downloaded the C25K app for my phone and it's freakin' great! I didn't actaully make it 3.1 miles today, but who cares. The nice little man on my phone tells me when to walk and run. I like that :o)

Here's to losing this 35 pounds!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've been going to the gym since last week. i am going with one of my moh's and so far so good. the scale has only moved .6lbs but thats a start. i'm hoping to lose 15 or so lbs by the end of May (first fitting). I think I can do it. I have also been parking further away and walking about 3/4 a mile once a day with my preg co-worker. So I feel like I'm being quite active.

Trying to curb my sweet tooth.. every calorie counts... thats what i keep telling myself every time i think about chocolate!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had an ok weekend as far as eating well... FI and my love for beer has been holding me back though!! I am trying to not get frustrated... I work out about 3 x a week and eat less and better than most and just am not losing weight! I am trying to stay positive and think of the good things though! I am running more and more and I think I am more fit. I went from not being able to run a mile to finishing the st paddys day dash and running 5 miles Saturday!

I am so nervous though - we are signed up for a half marathon on Sunday and Beat the Bridge on the 16th!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to start the C25K program, but was going to have a hard time figuring out when to runand when to walk.  Not to mention I feel like people will look at me wierd.  "Umm...so she runs for like a little bit then walks, then runs again, then walks...."  Although I do a similiar training on the elliptical, but I don't care when I'm in a gym. :P

Sara & Tracy - keep it up.  Don't think about it and don't get discouraged, just DO. :)

I was bad today.  I had a big lunch and then I had cake for dinner.  And I didn't exercise because my thighs are still pretty tight from my PT session last Saturday.  :(  Oh well, session tomorrow, then Wed = Gocco night (and to give myself a break) then workout on Thursday and Friday.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally get the feeling like people will look at you weird... I totally felt that way too. I loved the couch to 5k... I never finished the program but it really helped!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards