Wedding Woes
Options

Is it boozy to go to a wine bar alone?

There is one near my house and I've been dying to go there. DH is not a wine drinker, and although they have beer on tap this is just not his type of place. I'd invite a friend but everyone lives at least 20 minutes from us and I doubt I could get them to come out this way when there are plenty of places to meet halfway.

I'm thinking of popping in for lunch and wine tasting but I feel so....alcoholic. Maybe I just need to get over it.

Re: Is it boozy to go to a wine bar alone?

• Options
    Going to a bar by yourself.....................slut!
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012

Wow. 20 whole minutes? If they want to go, they'll be able to make the super-long trip, as long as they remember to wear their diapers.

1. Invite your lameass friends who aren't willing to drive more than 10 minutes to get anywhere.

2. If they prove their lameassness by saying it's too far, go alone. Tasting wines =/= getting sloshed.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_boozy-wine-bar-alone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1edc6862-8f83-4bc9-8f5a-1ea7f888c38fPost:8ab3bc7a-0177-4304-9724-91f03ed086e2">Re: Is it boozy to go to a wine bar alone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. 20 whole minutes? If they want to go, they'll be able to make the super-long trip, as long as they remember to wear their diapers. 1. Invite your lameass friends who aren't willing to drive more than 10 minutes to get anywhere. 2. If they prove their lameassness by saying it's too far, go alone. Tasting wines =/= getting sloshed.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

This. We regularly drive 1 and a half hours to see our friends or family. Friends reciprocate, his family don't (apart from the wedding, but they couldn't be seen to not make that effort).

Whats wrong with driving 20 mins for a girly night out? :)
  • Options
    20 minutes in houston is nothing. almost everything here is 45 minutes from everything else.

if your friends are too lame to drive 20 minutes, go on your own for lunch and tasting. take a book/kindle and relax a bit. enjoy some pmeg time.
  • Options
    Agreed that 20 mins is a lame excuse.  I don't think it's boozy to go alone, but maybe not so much for lunch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_boozy-wine-bar-alone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1edc6862-8f83-4bc9-8f5a-1ea7f888c38fPost:ad213c2d-9495-4876-8cf8-7b43a838f398">Re: Is it boozy to go to a wine bar alone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]20 minutes in houston is nothing. almost everything here is 45 minutes from everything else. if your friends are too lame to drive 20 minutes, go <strong>on your own for lunch and tasting. take a book/kindle and relax a bit.</strong> enjoy some pmeg time.
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

This is one of my favorite things to do.  I used to reward myself after a final by taking myself out for lunch alone.  It's surprisingly relaxing.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options

I know you go out to eat by yourself all the time....what's the problem with adding in a little wine tasting. Go for it, Mama.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards