Wedding Woes

I lost my e-ring. :(

7 Months from my wedding, I lost my engagement ring. I am so heart broken. I am horrified and just sad. I have been crying for days! Today made 5 days. We have turned this house upside down so many times. I started putting everything back together today, saddest day ever. And whats worse, is that my wonderful fiance is being so friggen supportive, he keeps telling me stop, its just a ring, it will turn up, or it wont either way you'll be fine, Its killing me, I wish he'd like fly off the handle, its making me feel worse that hes being so great about it, horrible, just horrible. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I lost my e-ring. :(

• edited June 2012
    Oh no!!! Did you have insurance on it?

That really stinks, but your fiance is right, it is just a ring. You still have him and a wonderful wedding and marriage ahead of you. :)   That is so awesome that he is being supportive and understanding. Sounds like a keeper ;)   I know it feels horrible right now but you will be okay, and this will be a story to tell in the future. Maybe you'll find it or it'll turn up somewhere. 

My friend's mom was devastated when the diamond fell out of her ring. DEVASTATED. She never got it replaced, it wasn't insured and they didn't have the money. She just wore her band. Months down the road (almost a year) my friend was sitting on the couch and saw something glimmer in the carpet fiber. It was the diamond! How crazy is that. Through all the vacuums, the carpet fiber held on to the diamond.

Anyway.. you never know. It could turn up. And in the meantime, remember that the ring is just an object, and your love is worth much more!!. :)
  • I am so sorry, that must be stressful! I hope it turns out sooner or later, but in the end your FI is right - it is just a ring, you have your marriage to look forward too =)

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This article appeared in a local paper last weekend.  There's always hope.
    http://postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1500537&query=Lost%20engagement%20ring
  • My grandmother lost TWO engagement rings!  Consequently, that is one of the first things she said to me when I got engaged - BE CAREFUL! 

I hope you find your ring!  That is sad, but the PPs are right - your love is still there and your FI is showing what a great guy he is in a stressful time. 
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Oh my goodness! I soooooo hope you find it! 

Your FI sounds awesome, though.
  • Thank You everyone! He's amazing. Still has not turned up anywhere, idk. I have insurance but its a rider on my renters policy so I dont think it will cover the entire cost of my custom made ring!!! (Cringing)!!!   In all reality its not the cost thankfully and luckily our family is jewelers so we can totally replace it, but its the setiment, I dont want to replace it, I want MY ring. My mom also offered us her engagement ring (she hasn't worn it in 20 years) she said to go have it reset and if mine turns up it turns up its eventually coming to me anyway so just take it now. Ugh, the guilt could kill me!  Im feeling better the past few days but this is such a terrible experiance. I wouldn't wish it on anyone! You just feel so horrified and terrible, it sucks. Thank you for all of the well wishes and support it really helps. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-lost-my-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ff62c4c-a551-47e6-9608-05634b17fc1aPost:bd68894f-56aa-41e0-bc4d-973410e42cc7">Re: I lost my e-ring. :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]This article appeared in a local paper last weekend.  There's always hope. <a href="http://postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1500537&query=Lost%20engagement%20ring" rel="nofollow">http://postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1500537&query=Lost%20engagement%20ring</a>
    Posted by MNNEBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>This is an amazing story, thank you for posting! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My high school phys ed teacher lost her diamond down her garbage disposal, had the ring but no stone.

My insurance is also a rider on my home insurance policy but it is for the appraised value of the ring so it would cover the entire cost of the ring and my ring was also custom made for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards