Washington-Seattle
Options

um. is this reasonable?

i'm in a wedding this summer...the ceremony starts at 6pm...and the bride wants us (including H who is a GM) to be at the ceremony location at 10am (for hair/makeup, etc..)

personally, i think this is ridic. my ceremony started at 1:30, and i had the girls on location at 10, and the guys at noon....i really don't think it will take 8 hours to get everything done....

can i send a nasty email to the bride?
♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: um. is this reasonable?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol... No I wouldn't send a nasty email per say but you could send her one asking what the schedule looks like from 10-6 so you and maybe she too can get a better idea of what is going on. Hopefully she will realize that you all will be sitting around bored. GL! Let us know how it goes! For my 5:50 ceremony I think the girls will get there about noon and get ready, pictures, light snacking/celebrating but we do have 6 BM's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is pretty long! Mine starts at 4pm but we're not getting to the venue till noon, and thats to set up, make up and get dressed. What the hell would you do for 8 hours?? I agree with Trisha, maybe ask her. She might be blowing it out of proportion.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no don't send a nasty mail.. maybe she wants you all to hang out with eachother... i know for us, my ceremony doesn't start until 5:30 but my bms decided to get ready together.. by the same people that i'm providing. some of the girls start getting their hair and makeup done as early as 8am.. pics are at like 2.  maybe ask what the plan is at the ceremony location...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have to be there by 10:30 for hair and make-up (if they want it - we are covering it)... I feel badly but need to be pic ready by 2:30 or 3:00 and have 6 BM, my Mom, FMIL and myself...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The guys don't need to be there until 1 though!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you guys are so awesome...i totally almost sent a mean email to her...i guess the "what is the timeline?" email was much more calm... what would i do without you TK??

so i sent her the email..and...well CRAP. i forgot. her wedding is 100% DIY, so the BM's and GM's are setting up tables and junk. ugh, i wish she used TK so she would know WP is not free-labor.

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many girls are there? Are they doing photos before? Our ceremony was at 6 pm and hair/makeup started at 9. Since we did all our photos before, everyone needed to be ready by 2:45. Two hair people, 1 makeup artist...takes a while.

Here was my schedule so you can see it's pretty reasonable, timewise:

9 am Nicole at salon; Melissa and Sandy leave hotel for salon
    9:45 am Sandy hair
    10:30 Melissa hair
    9:30 Makeup and hair people arrive at hotel
    (At hotel) 9:45-10:30 Grandma hair, Mom makeup
    10:30-11:15 Mom hair, Grandma makeup
    11:15-12 Becky hair, Nicole makeup
    12-12:45 Nichole hair, Becky makeup
    12:30 Melissa and Sandy back at hotel
    12:45-1:15 Sandy makeup
    1:15-2 Nichole makeup
    1:30 Video arrives
    2-2:30 BM dressed by 2:30
    2-3 Melissa makeup
    2:45     Photo/Video Arrive

ETA: I don't know why the GM would have to be there that early though. I think we asked the GM to be there by 1 (knowing that most would be a bit late) and plan to get dressed at the hotel. And that was really only because video was coming at 1:30.
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just got an even more detailed email from her....somebody needs to go to costco to pick up food too *facepalm*

• Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was getting ready that early, so if you wanted to be with her when that's happening it sounds reasonable to me.  Something like 6am would be a little crazy though ;)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_um-this-reasonable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:aa007cbf-bf09-469c-8afe-160dc1b135c2Post:5e6f96fd-b67d-452a-afb4-22ebaefb3b23">Re: um. is this reasonable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh, i wish she used TK so she would know WP is not free-labor.
    Posted by jennlin[/QUOTE]
    I was wondering if this was what was going on.  FI says he's never been in a wedding when he wasn't free labor (and he's been in like 6).
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_um-this-reasonable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:aa007cbf-bf09-469c-8afe-160dc1b135c2Post:1b6e5e18-7e85-4f5d-927f-ad6aa2f7a595">Re: um. is this reasonable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]just got an even more detailed email from her....somebody needs to go to costco to pick up food too *facepalm*
    Posted by jennlin[/QUOTE]

ok really? wow... I really hope she said it nicely and added that she was paying for it.  Even then it would be weird, although not horrible.  I hate situations like this because it's the sort of thing where you think of all this stuff you really want to say, but in real life, it would be SUPER mean and never solve the problem :-/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I for sure would ask her what her timeline looks like.
    We are ALL arriving at the venue @ 1pm dressed, hair & make up already done. The ceremony starts @ 4:30. In the 4 hours we will be doing pictures and organizing the helpers who are going to be setting up stuff. The girls are staying at my house the night before the wedding so we will be getting up and doing the hair & make up stuff at my house. I think all in all we will take about 6 hours to shower, get ready, drive to the venue (30 mins away), decorate AND take pictures... 8 hours seems a little extreme.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony was at 5:30 and the girls had to be ready to go for hair appointments at 9am, but we had to travel and I had plenty of time for wiggle room in case disasters happend, but I didn't have a slave labor camp. The guys didn't have to get together until noonish, so they had more time. We did pictures before.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For ours on saturday hair and make-up is starting at 1130 for a 530 ceremony, everyone has to be ready for pictures to start at 3....guys don't have to be there until 230...it depends on the bm's, hair and make up...it's a long day for sure
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soo....our ceremony is at 4, doing first-look and all posed sort of pics before ceremony and want to be hidden 45 mins - 1hr prior to ceremony.  My timeline has us getting ready starting at 7am but that's because all 3 BMs and I are having our hair and makeup done by the same person at my hotel in Kirkland.  Then we leave the hotel at noon to get to the venue to get into our dresses and from there go to pics.

But yeah....she better make sure she COMMUNICATES and checks to see if people are okay getting stuff for her the day of.  I mean, sure it's her wedding, but still.  Asking politely does still apply.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jenn, i can tell ur really looking fwd to this wedding.   hopefully at the very least u can bond with the other bridesmaids over the experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards