Marriage License question

I want to change the spelling of my first name, do any of you know if I can do this on my Marriage License when it asks what your name will be after marriage?

FYI my first name is Andrea- my mom spelt it like that on my Birth certificate but for as long as I can remember I've spelt it Andria- it gets confusing for some but I am so use to spelling it that way that all our wedding stuff has it spelt that way. I would love to make it official.

image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Marriage License question

  • edited December 2011
    I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure you can only do that for your last name, and you have to do more to change your first name. 
  • edited December 2011
    I believe you have to legally change your first name first as your marriage license must be your legal name at the time of signing.  You could check online with your county auditor about the proceedure. 
  • andielizabethandielizabeth member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks - Thats what I was thinking too but I double check
    image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% sure, but when I went to Social Security and the DOL (to change my last name) they asked me if all I wanted to change was my last name.  So it might be possible to change your first and/or middle name when you are changing your last name.  I know some people add their maiden name to their middle name, so anything might be possible.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Getting a marriage licence is a key step in the process. You can get a marriage licence application online or from any municipal office in the province
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards