Washington-Seattle
Options

I learned how to emboss

The lady at Paper Source showed me today.  It looks so good, i really want to do them for my invitations.  I was in there for an hour today just looking around and still haven't figured out how i want my invitations to look. too many choices!

Re: I learned how to emboss

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what kind of embossing did she show you? rubbing or heat/powder? i REALLY wanted to do heat/powder with mine, but you needed to buy specialized ink, and it wasn't going to work with any of the 4 printers i had at my disposal. so i settled for heat/powder embossed background, with print-on-vellum over it...
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    she showed me the heat/powder kind.  I figured i would have to print all the text first and then do embossing. I was thinking maybe just doing a design on the poketfold cover.  I found this great peacock feather at Michaels the other day.  Another idea would be to have our names on the invites embossed.  But that may get super pricey. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) i think it will look beautiful! they have tons of ideas! i love their peacock feather stamps!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it won't be too pricey to do the names.....the highest cost would be your names in a font you like....and then the heat gun, which is only 20 bucks (be sure to use the 50% offc oupon this week to make it 10)...you use SO little powder, you wouldn't believe it....i didn't even go through one bottle (3.50 full price, even cheaper with a coupon) for heat embossing over 600 large stampings!

50% off joanns
    http://www.joann-mail.com/J1060LKR/coupons_only.html
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks Jenn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards