Wedding Woes
Options

How was the weekend?

Friday and Saturday were nothing.  Sunday MIL and sFIL came over.  They got here while I was at church and sFIL was already passed out on the couch watching basketball when I got home.

We went to lunch where for some reason conversation was awkward.  MIL and I were talking about plans for c/section day, what my mom was going to do, etc.  All of a sudden sFIL busts out with "What did you think about the Cowboys almost getting sent home?"  Took me a minute to realize he was switching the subject to the Amazing Race while I was in the middle of a sentence.

We got back to the house and sFIL fell aslseep again until it was time for them to leave at 4. 

How was everyone else's weekend?

Re: How was the weekend?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We basically didn't have one. Between watching our friends kids all day Saturday and work on Sunday, I am so exhausted. It is going to be another jam packed week. I just want a weekend where I don't have to do anything. I need a lazy weekend desperately, so hopefully this weekend even though I have to get through 5 busy days first.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday-DH, the kiddo, and I got home from work/school and pretty much immediately went shopping for groceries and his party.  We got home around 8 or so and I went to talk to my neighbors (and snuggle her sleeping baby) about being someone we can call if/when I go into labor so we can either have them come over or send the kiddo to their house.  When I got home, DH and I cleaned off our bookshelf that's kind of a catchall and then we went to bed.

Saturday-Woke up and cleaned house in anticipation of the kiddo's sleepover.  I left around 1 or so for my work shower.   Work shower was a lot of fun.  Everyone had their kids there and they were all *really* good and played well together. Got a lot of stuff and my team bought my crib for me!   I could not believe it.   It was so sweet of them. 

When I got home, we had about an hour or so before the kids were going to show up, so we just kind of hung out.  Then the boys showed up.  OMG, five 10 yr old boys are no joke y'all.   They feed off one another.  Holy hell.  I'm still tired today.   They were all good kids, just high energy.  I had ear plugs, thank goodness!  I had to pee around 1am and I heard them...I popped my head out and told them they were done and it's was time to go to sleep.

Sunday-Roused the children around 7:30am because one of them had to leave early.  Let them play some video games and have donuts. 

After they all left, we went to A's mom's house for brunch.  Our friends M and R were in town.  We truly had a wonderful time with A's family.  I love them so much.  A's mom and sister are coming to my baby shower in a couple weeks. 

And then we went to my IL's to hang out yesterday afternoon and have dinner.  At first I didn't want to go, but I ended up having a good time and honeslty, it was nice to have someone else cook.  One less thing for me to do.  I ended up snoozing on the couch while DH rubbed my feet while DH, FIL, and the kiddo watched TV.  MIL gave me some really cute knit booties and FIL bought DefConn some adorable onesies that say "Rock Star" and "Rock 'N Roll" on them (FIL has, like, 5 guitars and is a pretty decent player).

We went home and watched "The Amazing Race" and pretty much went to bed. The kiddo was completely wiped out. 

• Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not so great.  I've got quite a story, but I won't have enough time to post until 9:00.  Comes with pics and everything.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011

Dang Mrs.conn.  I'm tired just reading that.   Sounds like a good one though.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Uhoh taw.  I hope it wasn't too awful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *gets settled in for story time*

Weekend was mostly uneventful, which is good considering Mr. Arb went on call Friday night.  Did some cleaning, some grocery shopping, and procrastinated writing my paper that was due last night.  I managed to write it all between 8:30 and 11 last night.

I'm feeling pretty rough today.  Terrible knee and upper leg pains, and full of cramps.  I wish I was back in bed.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday we waited forever for some excellent mexican food and ended up getting part of our meal comped for not being jerkfaces.

Saturday we hung around the house then went out with friends

Sunday I spent with a couple of friends while H stayed at home and did nothing

I was texted that I might be an "ant" on Sunday and it took me a full 10 seconds to realize he didn't actually mean I might be an insect, and the text was not a joke.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_weekend-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:2c63a4a0-fe2b-432e-a3ab-d2c336f43a5bPost:938fa78e-e300-49b6-9570-ea3de50d69d7">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dang Mrs.conn.  I'm tired just reading that.   Sounds like a good one though.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

LOL, it was exhausting.  I did about 1/4 of what DH did around the house and stuff and I'm still wasted today. 
  • Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just hung out and cleaned the house on Saturday. I ordered groceries online and picked them up. Made lots of baby food for Ethan and then we had Mexican food for dinner and I had a fantastic margarita.

Sunday we went to church and then the ILs drove up for the day. I cooked BBQ ribs, potato salad and sauteed summer squash and a cake. Yums.

We have nearly gotten through laundry mountain and I'm very excited about it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday, nothing.

Saturday, breakfast, cleaned and organized my cookbooks/magazines and books. I need a bookcase something bad, mine along with H's books are ridiculous.  Not to mention that I have books galore at my parent's house still.  I ran out of steam and ended up lounging around the rest of the afternoon/evening.  Made up a chicken italian soup that was fantastic and spent the night doing nothing.

Yesterday was standard, took 60 day pics...eek.  Errand, then SIL's 14 bday party (awkward) and then home again. 

I did make french toast for dinner this weekend.  Made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast yesterday and some boxed brownie mix too.  I think I was just in the mood to bake, but not eat. Oh well.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    Saturday I went to lunch with a friend and then started my registry at Target.  I hate Target, but BRU doesn't carry the Graco pattern I want.  Saturday night we went over to visit friends and their 3 month old little girl.

Sunday DH and I tackled BRU and our registry there.  Spent about an hour and half in there and will still need to go back to look at more stuff.  Then I did some shopping with my mom, including a trip to a different Target to show her the big stuff I picked out.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why the Target hate, L&R? ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_weekend-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:2c63a4a0-fe2b-432e-a3ab-d2c336f43a5bPost:324097cc-61f1-40eb-9b51-643f7559f9e9">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why the Target hate, L&R? ;)
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

LOL.  :)

I can say that I hate the Target registry experience.   I've gotten so many duplicates of stuff because they're inept andplusalso, there's things I *know* I registered for in-store and they say 'online only' on my registry.

I lub to shop at Target, but reigistering through them is another thing.

Just out of curiosity, what's the Graco pattern you like?
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    O - my experience with buying off of registeries has always sucked balls.  And they now have a new return policy...if you don't have at least a gift receipt, you can't return or exchange more than $70 of stuff in one year, even if it was bought off your registry.  So I think I'll keep that registry pretty small.

Mrs.Conn -  Graco Kinsey
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $70/year?  That is some crazy news.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_weekend-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:2c63a4a0-fe2b-432e-a3ab-d2c336f43a5bPost:18f2bf1d-e6be-43a6-a926-adb507147390">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]O - my experience with buying off of registeries has always sucked balls.  And they now have a new return policy..<strong>.if you don't have at least a gift receipt, you can't return or exchange more than $70 of stuff in one year</strong>, even if it was bought off your registry.  So I think I'll keep that registry pretty small. Mrs.Conn -  Graco Kinsey
    Posted by L&R70707[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that, but that's some total BS.  Especially if it's a registry return.  My mom, who's worked in retail for 30+ years, says that she doesn't understand the Target return policies at all, especially since they've been consistently turning a profit *for years*.

Thankfully, everyone's been good about giving me a gift receipt.

Cute pattern!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards