Washington-Seattle
Options

drink tickets

Re: drink tickets

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They seem a little tacky to me for a wedding. I've only ever had drink tickets on brewery tours, etc.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. We've been to a wedding where they did that, and after you used your ticket you had to purchase your drinks from the venue, which were a lot of money. FI and I are on a tight budget and we are planning on doing a couple of kegs and MAYBE wine, depends on our budget when we get to that time. You could also consider having a non-alcoholic wedding, or hit up Costco, my friend purchased all her alcohol there and it did save them money. Given they had only 100 people at their wedding so bottles and cans saved them over a keg.

(Sorry this was so long.) Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with PP that tickets can seem tacky.  I've been to a wedding where drinks were hosted for the first 2 hours of the event - during dinner, then it was a cash bar beyond that but non-alcoholic drinks were still available.

You might be able to save money by having just 1 signature drink, 2 beers and 2 wines instead of a whole bar.

Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  I have been to one w/ tickets, and no one really seemed to mind and after a few drinks peopl were fine paying for their own.  But it is a little tacky/awkward.  I'd try to find ways to cut back what you provide rather than use tickets....IMO.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, this comes up on Reception Ideas once in a while ... having the bar open until some hour and then cash after that seems like a good compromise.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what we're doing, we have a set dollar amount w/ our venue for drinks and once that has been reached there will be an announcement that we are going to cash bar. I was thinking of giving our ushers drink tickets, no limit, for their gift from us. Still to be determined. Good luck!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I once went to a wedding that provided every table with a white and red bottle of wine (table of 6) and then had a cash bar.  I didn't like it at first, because we didn't know we were getting the wine until after dinner started, so I had already bought myself a drink. Plus, my table consisted of heavier drinkers than most, so we were out of wine really fast, but then were able to go to other tables that had barely touched theirs and ask if we could have a glass.

Even though I didn't really like this idea, it's another option. OR you could host your own wine and beer and then have people pay cash for mixed drinks...
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards