Washington-Seattle

Georgetown Ballroom

Has anyone had any experience with Georgetown Ballroom? I'm pretty interested in their venue but I haven't gotten a single response from 2 emails and a phone call. I'm just curious if anyone else had the same experience!

Photobucket

Re: Georgetown Ballroom

• That's odd - I contacted them back on the 1st and they gave me a response, same day.  It looked like a fairly automated response but I used the sheet on their webpage since I wanted to know their rates.  I can forward the information if you'd like?
  • I too tried to contact them (but about catering outside of the venue by Tom Douglas). I got one response, then nothing after that. I'm sure they are super busy right now, but I don't really like those exuses :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback! I'll try once more through their website (although the lack of response has put me off!)
    Photobucket
  • My venue was the same way...............I emailed dozens of times before we signed the  contract and I was put off but the Sorento Hotel means something to our family so I knew that had to be the place.   If it's a place you like - it sucks that they aren't  more responsive because this is their business, but from my experience as soon as we signed our contract they have been very attentive.  I'm sure wedding venues get so many "looky lues" it's hard for them to keep up.  I would assume that if they offer on-site catering they would not acccomodate another caterer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_georgetown-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:b38e01e5-203d-4e4f-aea0-e42173306531Post:f1ac750b-efa7-4f19-9cb6-33fd727c46c1">Georgetown Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone had any experience with Georgetown Ballroom? I'm pretty interested in their venue but I haven't gotten a single response from 2 emails and a phone call. I'm just curious if anyone else had the same experience!
    Posted by itschelsea[/QUOTE]

My future brother in law had his wedding there and it was gorgeous. One of the best weddings I've been to! The bridal suite where you get ready is pretty nice too!
  • Apparently they went out of buisness! So that explains the lack of return emails... Unfortunate though, it looked really pretty!
    Photobucket
  • edited August 2012
    Wow! I'm surprised by that. Good luck finding a venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you are referring to the Georgetown Studios...I'm getting married at the Georgetown Ballroom next year and you gave me a minor heartattack when you wrote they were out of business!  The Ballroom is a beautiful venue if you are interested in the Georgetown neighborhood and something different! Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards