Washington-Seattle

Shoe poll for brides who are way shorter than the groom

I'm 6'4". FIe is 5'7". She's looking at shoes and trying to decide if she should go all the way to 4" heels (or 4.5" with a 1" platform or something) to try to shrink the gap. In terms of comfort she'd much rather be in 3" or shorter heels.

Since I know next to nothing about this, it's definitely time for a Knottie poll :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!

Re: Shoe poll for brides who are way shorter than the groom

• Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is 6'3" and I'm 5'3".  I wear heels on a daily basis for work (usually 3 inches) and for the wedding i've got 4.25" heels!  I luckily never have foot issues, so i think i'll be fine, whereas if i wasn't used to heels, i don't think i would be wearing them for the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not wearing 4 inch heels to be tall like him, I just can't stand the look of low heels. So I only wear 4 inch heels, lol!
    FI glared at me when I put them on to show him, I'm like 6ft in them! He's just a little bit taller than me in them. :P
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish there were more options in this poll... mostly because the question is whether you're wearing taller heals than normal, not whether you're wearing tall heals.  I wear tall heals a lot (I like 3-3.5" usually) so it wasn't abnormal to wear tall heals, but for some people that's pretty high for wearing all day.

I'm 5' and DH is 6'3" so the 'gap' that's between you two seems like nothing to me!  I actually think that would be a very nice/normal difference in height where she could wear 3" heals and sitll be shorter than you.  Also, get some of the Dr. Scholl's "for her ball of foot cushion", made a hige difference!
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is not a lot taller than me, but I definitely wouldn't wear taller heels than I am used to just for that reason.  I want to be comfortable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    as long as she's comfortable wearing high heels go for it, otherwise I would say its not worth it.  I would die if I wore 4" inch heels all night, but that's cuase I don't wear heels on a regular basis.  I wouldn't be too concerned about the height difference, you will still have awesome pictures
  • edited December 2011
    You could stand in a hole in the ground like Katie Holmes did...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i'm wearing heels for pictures.. and then flip flops the rest of the time, or slippers. i want to be comfortable. i LOVE the gap between fi and i. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    FI is only a couple inches taller than me, so I had the opposite problem.  But even if he wasn't, I wouldn't worry about the height difference.  I'd just wear whatever shoes I loved.  You guys will always have that height difference, so it really won't matter if you shrink it for wedding day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The gap between you and FIe is actually not bad. I'm 5'4" and my FI is over 6'2" ! However, comfort is MUCH more important. I do have foot and back issues. I can't wear anything higher than 3" without pain in short order. He'll just have to lean over like he does every day :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards