Wedding Woes
Options

So DH got into an argument with a guy at JCP

DH and I were at the mall with the two girls on Saturday.  DD2 was in the stroller, DD1 walking with us.

We needed to go upstairs, and the elevator is right next to the bathrooms.  DH tells me to head on up with the stroller, and he'd take DD1 into the bathroom to wash her face (we had bought her a cookie).

As I was getting on the elevator, I saw a guy following DH into the bathroom and heard him say "You're not taking that girl in there, are you?"  And then the doors closed.

He finally got upstairs and told me the guy was pissed that he took DD1 into the men's restroom.

Guy:  You're not taking that girl in there, are you?
DH:  Excuse me?
Guy: I don't think that's a good idea.
DH:  What am I supposed to do?  Send her into the women's restroom by herself?  She's 2.
Guy: Her mom could have taken her to the women's.
DH:  Look, you can step outside until we're finished if you're not comfortable with her in here.
Guy:  I just don't know why you had to bring her in here when her mom was right out there.
DH: Mind your business.  Wait outside if you want.

Then the guy went into a stall.  DH was not happy.

Re: So DH got into an argument with a guy at JCP

• Options
    WTF?!  Dude needs to get a grip.  What if Mr. Taw had been shopping alone with DD1?

"Sorry DD1, you need to suck it up and hold it because this asshole is weird and afraid of little girls in men's bathrooms with their fathers."  Jesus.
  • Options
    Was the guy older?  He probably disapproved in general of your H caring for his child when there was a perfectly good woman nearby. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wonder how this dude feels about little boys in women's bathrooms?
  • Options
    WTF?  I love your H for basically telling the guy to shove it (nicely of course).
  • Options
    Did he think she would be looking at his junk? Turn your back to the wall, then. She's 2.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_so-dh-got-into-an-argument-with-a-guy-at-jcp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:32984d21-c3d9-4f81-9c3e-b57e65021380Post:8ded2540-2a4b-438b-a4c2-a9a1e308d68d">Re: So DH got into an argument with a guy at JCP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was the guy older?  He probably disapproved in general of your H caring for his child when there was a perfectly good woman nearby. 
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

::like::

See also:  FIL.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Actually, this guy was our age.  And yeah, what if he was alone with her?  What's he supposed to do when there are not "family" restrooms available?  I said to DH "Did that guy's mom never have to take him into a women's room?"  Come on.

I was just glad DH kept his cool in front of DD1, because I'm sure the f-bombs were dying to make their escape.  He's got the worst mouth ever but has done a good job around the kids.

I also wonder if there was anyone else in there at the time and what they thought?
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2012
    Some woman did this to me at the outlet mall. The family bathroom was in use and I had to change DS's diaper. She said "oh there's a family bathroom, you didn't thave to bring him here." No sh!t lady. He's 2, you're in a stall, and the family bathroom is in use. Next time I'll remind him to only crap when that bathroom is free.
  • Options
    1) there are not enough family bathrooms
    2) DK changes Wolverine about 99% of the time when we're out because the men's room changing table is almost never in use
    3) what a douchebag. i guess he figured that DD1 was going to make fun of his tiny junk or something.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    good for your H, taw.

what an ahole.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2012
    Here's what I don't get about opposite-sex-bathroom-user-rage: IT'S THE BATHROOM. Nothing sexy is going on in there. I can vaguely understand guys at urinals not wanting some random woman barging in just because she's sick of the ladies' room line (understand, but not enough to stop doing it), but little kids aren't even on that radar. 

And in the women's room? EVERYONE IS IN A STALL. There is no junk hanging out. For serious, get over yourselves. 
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    "Nothing sexy is going on in there."

clearly you have never been with my H on a shopping trip to target or barnes & noble. he always interrupts sexy time. he's the party pooper of manly interludes in public rest rooms.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_so-dh-got-into-an-argument-with-a-guy-at-jcp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:32984d21-c3d9-4f81-9c3e-b57e65021380Post:3a6a2b9a-ad4a-42e3-b8b8-0141dacc5ab4">Re: So DH got into an argument with a guy at JCP</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Nothing sexy is going on in there." clearly you have never been with my H on a shopping trip to target or barnes & noble. he always interrupts sexy time. he's the party pooper of manly interludes in public rest rooms.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

I made my DH read that post way back when, wz.  Now he says a little prayer before he uses the bathroom at target.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards