Wedding Woes
Options

stroller opinions please

would you go with a lightweight stroller with storage bags, or an unercarriage storage basket?

i prefer the basket, and it's not a significant price difference. it's under $10 cheaper for the one with the storage bag.

WDYT? this is for mall shopping and vacations.

Re: stroller opinions please

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    we have used an umbrella stroller since the travel system stroller was destroyed in the car accident when she was 9mo old. it's nice that it is small and lightweight, but would be nice to have some storage (i miss the cupholder). i usually just hang bags/my purse/diaper bag over the handles. there is a very small mesh bag on the back. the only downside to my system is that sometimes the bags are top heavy and if Wolverine gets up, it tips over. 

i think the storage underneath would be more sturdy than the storage bags

ETA: we have taken the umbrella stroller everywhere - Belize/Honduras/Mexico/ cruise ship, zoo, mall, aquarium, etc. like the convenience. 
  • Options
    I love the storage basket of the travel system stroller, but it's not always convenient to take that ginormous thing.

We got the lightweight stroller for Disney and mostly use it now.  We only use the travel system anymore if we're going to a place where DD1 won't walk the whole time (zoo, mall, etc).

Our lightweight stroller has a storage basket underneath but it's not huge.

Barbie - we bought a cupholder for our lightweight stroller from BRU.  It was around $10.
  • Options
    I'm madly in love with my baby jogger city mini. My only complaint is that getting to the good sized basket is a btch.

Stroller bags are easy enough as long as you don't overload them so the damn things falls over when the kid gets out.

Basically - I have no opinion either way and I"m just rambling.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Our umbrella stroller only has a little pouch in the back.  I use that for little trips to the mall- like just going to the play area.  All of our other strollers are undercarriage.  I would be concerned about tipping, but otherwise I'm not sure it matters much.  I'm a minimalist though. 

When he gets a bit older get him a backpack so he can haul his own stuff. 
  • Options
    I have a stroller hook and use it a lot.   My jogging stroller has a basket and side pockets on the visor, my umbrella stroller does not.

I much prefer my jogging stroller overall, but it doesn't fold up, so I can't take it shopping.  I'm tempted to sell it and get one that folds up.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    the city mini costs as much as the stroller i currently have, so that isn't going to work.

i saw a lightweight jeep stroller for $40, which is a great stroller but doesn't have the underneath storage. if i hang bags on the back, i worry about the thing being too top heavy. i overpack for every emergency when we go out.

then there is a kolcraft stroller for $50 with an underneath basket and great reviews. but really, the umbrella stroller is $20 at BRU and everyone who has them loves them. the basket underneath is a convenience, but is it worth the extra $30?
  • Options
    honestly, how much storage do you need?  if it's more than the stroller can hold,. you are carrying too much.

just pair down how much you carry, and buy the less expensive one.  i mean, it's not like you're going on the costa concordia on vacation every time.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    well, that's the thing. the underneath basket is always plenty of room. it does help a lot to have that basket because it frees up my arms from any bags i am carrying, and if i have a jacket on, i can put it underneath if i feel like taking it off.

we take a small diaper bag out for short day trips, which wouldn't make a carriage too top heavy if i went with the really cheapo lightweight stroller. i just dont want to regret not having that extra bit of storage if we go someplace for a few days. that underneath basket helps a TON when i go shopping.

i just don't know if the extra expense of the bells and whistles is worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards