Washington-Seattle
Options

Wrinkled Tablecloths

I'm currently planning on renting tablecloths from our reception venue but have heard that though they wash them and fold them, once you get them and unfold them they are full of wrinkles and lines. 

What would you do? Would you have someone spend the whole day before ironing them? Do you know of any better way to get the wrinkles out? Side note: there will be 40-50 tablecloths. TIA!

Re: Wrinkled Tablecloths

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They give them to you before the event? I find it odd that they wouldn't have them "ready to go" (wrinkle-free) and put them on the tables but I'm not sure what the norm is.

Can you stick them in the dryer with a wet/damp towel? That's what I do when I don't feel like ironing. Maybe you could do 10 at a time?
  • Options
    mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's big empty building at the local fairgrounds that you can rent. They don't set up anything for you. You have to put all the table and chairs up yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wondering if your going to even notice lines and such after you get all your decor and other things set up.

Is it really that big of a deal to not have wrinkles in the linens? Will it ruin your wedding day? I would ask yourself if it's really going to matter all that much or if youd rather spend your time setting things up and making sure your getting all pretty on time rather than worrying about lines in the tablecloths. Just my opinion though....
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'm glad to see someone addressing this. Tablecloths and chair covers with fold lines drive me nuts (part of the reason why I'm personally not a fan of chair covers).  But I am probably one of very few people that would notice.  If you're concerned about it and it sounds like the venue has warned you they likely will have lines, maybe see if you can set up a quick ironing line at the venue the day before when setting up?  See if you can get some people to bring an ironing board and an iron (4-5 so each board would take care of 10 tablecloths). 

But as PP stated, consider how much your decor will cover it up - if your CP includes something like fabric that will cover a good portion of the tables, I probably wouldn't stress about it much.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mgswartmgswart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I really didn't want to have anyone ironing for a whole day straight!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could rent a steamer...that might be faster.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad someone brought this up too as I've been wondering about this.  I do notice these things, not all the time, but sometimes and  a lot more now that I'm engaged.  I will ask when I look at linens at Grand Events and see what they say.

I have a steamer (as I have to wear business clothes to work) and got it at target for $40.  So if you have to get one Target is a good place.
  • Options
    dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I'm not bothered by fold lines in linens so I wouldn't stress too much about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards