Wedding Woes
Options

Min: Hero Pug

Kook the pug was honored by the Red Cross in Denver this morning for this:

DENVER - The manager of an apartment building is crediting his dog with saving residents from an early morning fire, which badly damaged the building.The pug, named Kook, woke Patrick Vigil up at 4 a.m., alerting him to the smoke which was filling his apartment."Yes, Kook, he was going crazy because they have that extra sense, evidently," Vigil said. "And we thought he had to go to use the bathroom but it was kind of early but he needed to get out and he let us know that there was something-something wrong in the apartment."Vigil says he went into his living room and smelled smoke and went outside to find the apartment above his was completely engulfed in flames. He says his first reaction was to go into his apartment to grab a $500 bonus check from his boss, then he went to warn his neighbors."I went to each unit and made sure that everyone was up and safe," Vigil said.The building in the 3800 block of Irving Street is subdivided into six apartment units.The home's north side was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, but they were able to extinguish the fire quickly."The unit that was on fire, the lady went on vacation yesterday," Vigil said. "And I believe her cat started the fire and I don't know what happened to the cat."McGrail says the blaze caused serious fire, smoke and water damage to two units and moderate smoke damage to the other four units. It is unclear how many residents will be displaced because of the incident.Denver Fire District Chief David McGrail confirmed all of the residents were able to get out of the building safely."Kook is a real hero as far as I'm concerned," Vigil said.------------------------There's video, too:http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=159327

Re: Min: Hero Pug

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This? Is awesome. I am going to send it to the pug rescue director. Thanks :)
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    He was all over the local news this morning, and I knew I had to tell you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't get the video to play :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK - I got the video to play

1) that is a good looking pug. I wonder what other dogs he has and how they were reacting?

2) that fireman I dated thought apartment fires were the best. They get reallt big, very quickly.

3) that guy thought THE CAT started the fire? Precisely how would that happen?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards