Wedding Woes
Options

Divorced Parents

So my parents are divorced and I've lived with my mom and step dad most of my life and he has been my father, but my biological dad will be at our wedding and I'm not sure what the proper ettiquette is when listing parents on invitations and also when walking down the isle.

Re: Divorced Parents

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really up to you. Will your Dad be angry if he's not listed?

The blanket for this is :Madzilla39 McBrideyface & Dude O'Howsweetitis, together with their parents, invite you to attend their super awesome shindig followed by drinking and bad decisions

or, you could change the last part.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Since I assume no one is selling you off in marriage, you could walk with your fiance down the aisle, like adults who have free will. 
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I like Baconsmom's idea.  Or, if you want to see the look on his face as you walk down the aise, you could walk by yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about walking with your mother?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance has been very adament that he doesn't want to see me before the wedding and he wants to be surprised so I don't think he'd be too keen on walking me down the aisle.

I like the idea of my mom doing it though, I hadn't thought of that.

@Butter Cookie, I'm not changing the wording at all. You just wrote my invitations. ;-)
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_divorced-parents-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:409f4992-2815-4980-9667-33f71ce46065Post:e3a5e3da-debf-48bc-9bda-7e04b0c7b90e">Re: Divorced Parents</a>:
    [QUOTE] invite you to attend their super awesome shindig followed by drinking and bad decisions
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

If I ever have a 2nd wedding or a vow renewal, I'm totally stealing this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards