Wedding Woes
Options

Washer & Dryer are here! YAY!

But you have to run a "clean the machine" load before you wash any clothes. BOO!

That cycle takes a damn hour. I have 8 person-weeks of clothes to wash and places to be.

Anyway, they're beautiful. We get to put them closer to the wall than the other machines, but they are much taller than the old ones, so the room still feels crowded. Bummer. We haven't moved the cabinet yet, though, so maybe that will help.

Re: Washer & Dryer are here! YAY!

• Options
    YAY new appliances! 

New appliances are better than Christmas.  Especially if the one you're replacing has been running likeshit for awhile (or has been completely broken).
  • Options
    Did you make sure they work? We got a new washer and dryer last week, and the dryer doesn't work, so we have no dryer until at least Saturday when the hhgreg guy comes to figure out what's going on.

What kind did you get?
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

We got this one.

The washer definitely works - or at least the machine cleaning cycle works fine. The dryer is not hooked up because the vent kit won't be here until tomorrow & the installers wouldn't use our existing duct because they said that would void the warranty. Stupid warranties.

I'm going to hook it up the old-fashioned way later today. If it doesn't work, our old dryer is still here in working condition, and you can bet I'll be bringing that thing back into the laundry room and using it. My kids are out of socks, and I'm down to about 3 pair of underwear (and the ones I'm wearing are the least-favorite that I only wear in emergencies, like when the other 15 or 20 pair are dirty. They are NOT comfortable.)

• Options
    I found about 5 more pairs of underwear last night while I was unpacking, and got super excited because we're in desperate need of laundry, too, and really don't feel like investing in a drying rack until we find out whether or not the dryer can be fixed, or if we have to wait for a replacement. I did a load of towels last night to make sure the washer worked, and now I have wet towels spread out all over the house to dry
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

I should have just taken some key pieces for all of us and done one load at a laundromat. Oh well.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yaaaaay! 
    How long has it been since you've done laundry? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards