Washington-Seattle
Options

not looking forward...

to tomorrow when we start calling people for rsvps... most of my family has rsvp'd but FI told me fromthe beginning that his family would come, he just doesn't think they'd RSVP. Here's hoping after our calls we'll get a TON of RSVPs rollin in!

Anyone had to call their family yet??
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: not looking forward...

• Options
    mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't had to call anyone yet, but my FI talks to people on his list who say they're coming, and I am in his other ear saying "remind them to RSVP!" It's annoying when people tell you they're coming, have made plans, but haven't RSVP'ed yet.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Never had to call my family, nor his. It's just the friends, ours and our families. They're the ones who are kinda lazy about RSVPing. Our BP all RSVP'd really fast too!
    Maybe this says something about me? Am I a scary biitch?? Lol, :P

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I were you, I would wait to call until your deadline.  You sent your invites out pretty early, so give them a chance to send them back.  You never know, you may get a rush of them next week!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

the caterer needs our final number by 21st. they said we can update the number but they want it to be pretty close by then. almost his WHOLE family is OOT and we are just concerned. PLUS, FI doesn't think they realize they need to rsvp. So we are calling to just sorta remind them. :) It was his idea. :) I'm goin with it because you all know how impatient i am!

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is just so rude. I can't even imaging not RSVPing and I really cannot understand people who don't.

I wouldn't call until your RSVP date has passed, but you know your guest list best. Personally, I'd be annoyed if you called me 10 days before the response date (I'd be thinking, "WTF, I'm not even late! If she wanted the responses now, why didn't she make the RSVP date June 7?!?!) Maybe only call those your FI thinks definitely won't respond/haven't RSVPed in the past? Or have him ask FMIL to mention it to people she talks to regularly (so it could come up more naturally in conversation and you don't have to randomly call them)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree Melissa!

We plan to start calling within the next few days and we will only be calling those people who are OOT. FMIL hasn't rsvp'd... so we won't get into that.. people like to spy on my posts... so yeah.

PLanning my wedding and waiting for RSVPs has definitely changed my habits of rsvping. When I receive invitations, I now rsvp within the first two days. haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards