Washington-Seattle
Options

Grandpa/Granddaughter song?

SO as you all know my dad is not coming. So my grandpa asked if he could walk me down the aisle and dance with me. He is my dads dad and feels awful for what he has done. I used to be close with him as a kid but haven't been too close with him since separated from my grandma. So what song should i dance with him too? I was gonna dance to I loved her first by heartland. Do you think I still could? Seriously this wedding has caused TOO much drama and I am way overload with the wedding. I cannot seem to figure out not even the simplest details. Help!!!

Re: Grandpa/Granddaughter song?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think any song that you could dance with a dad, you could dance with your grandpa. Maybe how sweet it is (to be loved by you), unforgettable, or the way you look tonight?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

my dad picked i loved her first too! i think you could totally dance to that!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Ella Fitzgerald's "I'm Just a Lucky So-and-So" for a combined father/daugher-mother/son dance. I think it'd work for the grandpa/granddaughter situation too.

But mostly I think your choice is fine :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted, but its gone. 

I think your song is fine.  Some other options that are more generic (if that's what you're looking for): "You Are So Beautiful," "The Way You Look Tonight," "What a Wonderful World."  We're doing "Just the Way You Are," by Billy Joel, that could work too...and your dad should listen to that one too!  Tongue out
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards