Wedding Woes

random self-centered observation

We happened to see someone that FI works with recently. FI brought up that we were getting married in a month and then started to say the place is X, Y and Z (praise) and the man cut him off TWICE talking about how awesome his wedding five years ago was and on and on and on and on about the food, and the people, and the location, and the honeymoon, and on and on and on (like seriously 45 minutes of it) interjected every now and again, "You guys should check it out for your wedding!"

FI gave up and just nodded politely for the rest of the one-sided conversation while I feigned tremendous interest in whatever the hell was on that aisle of Target in between "hmms", "aahhs" and "that sounds nice"s
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: random self-centered observation

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and my self centered observation is that I wanted to tell him to STFU and ask him if he realized how ridiculous he sounded cutting off the guy getting married soon to interject with his own story about his marriage 5 years ago and if he understood the concept of planning and the idea that perhaps the wedding might already be planned.

Yep. But I said nothing.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I thought so too, but when I brought it up to FI later he just shrugged and said it didn't bother him.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our best man's mother did this with my mom AT our wedding. Her daughter had just gotten engaged and she went on and on about how much better her wedding would be than ours.
  • edited December 2011
    H was doing this after the beer fest to a friend of ours who was in law school. (H has a friend in law school - which I guess means H has a law degree).

I asked her about school, she got five seconds into her repsonse and then he started talking over her. Finally, I blurted out, "LET HER TALK!"

Supah rude of him.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I really have to watch myself when I am talking to other people about their weddings.  I would talk all day about mine if I could find a willing listener. :)

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards