Wedding Woes
Options

A gig kid story

His dad dropped him off this morning and the guy was visibly down.  He looked at me all serious like and said "We had an incident this morning."  I had no idea what to expect so I said "Ok....."

GKDad:  I set him down to put my shoes on and...(dramatic pause)...he lunged forward.
Me:  (at gig kid)  Did you take a tumble?  (gig kid reaching for me and laughing)
GKD:  No.  (another pause)  I kicked him in the face.

Dad pulled GK's hat off and revealed a very large red goose egg on his right eyebrow.  I tried really hard not to laugh and said "It happens."

Dad couldn't leave and I thought he was going to start crying.  He kept kissing GK and apologizing.  I had to scoot him out the door and told him GK was fine and he's not mad.  Hell, he was already tearing into the toys before his dad left.

If he only knew how many times DD has been knocked down by me as she tried to weave in and out of my legs as I walked.  She thinks she's a cat or something.

Re: A gig kid story

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that kinda tugs at my heart.  Poor guy didn't know the kid was already past it.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, poor guy.

i was once at a store where dad picked up his kid to swing him onto his shoulders and slammed the kid's head into a low-hanging ceiling lamp.  kid was crying but i thought dad would crumple onto the floor in a ball.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Apparently I am a horrible parent (yeah, you knew that) because I laugh when I injure Bacon. And that kid-hitting-the-lamp story made me LOL. 

Hey, pratfalls are funny, what can I say? 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poor dad.  DH is the same way.  I'm more like Bacon and laugh.  When other people knock into him I just shrug and say he's used to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards