Wedding Woes
Options

Varoons! I finished BG!

Baltar and Cap6 make me a sobbing mess.

Re: Varoons! I finished BG!

• Options
    I think Baltar is one of the more interesting character arc.  Going from arrogant man who thinks he's a god and kind of worshipped as one, to a jesus like figure and then to what i would consider a normal average person who wants a normal average life.

Did you just fall down when the final 5 were revealed?  I didn't see that coming at all for it to be those characters.  Now, rewatch the first few episodes and remember that they wanted to test Saul's wife in like the 3rd episode to see if she was a Cylon?  They would've known almost EVERYTHING right then. I think it's such a great moment of hindsight in TV.

Finally, Starbuck = represents the Norse Valkyrie.  She was the shield maiden for Adama and (with the help of Sam, her lover) chose who entered "heaven" i.e. the new planet. So when she was finished, she returned to whereever Valkyries go.  IDK if I believe that was the writers' intentions, but I liked it.

Also, BSG: Blood and Chrome is up on Youtube.  We haven't watched it yet, but are intending to tonight and this weekend.  I think they're on Episode 4 now.
  • Options
    Also, I will always and forever love the Chief, Cylon or not!!!
  • Options
    I was floored by four of the five.  Ellen, I guessed all along.  I love Ellen.

Did you like the Chief, really?  I think that of the characters who stuck around until the end, he was probably my least favorite.  I was never all that crazy about him, but his association with Cally kind of put me over the edge.

I really came around on Baltar in the end.  He was so lame, and so unworthy of Caprica 6, that I needed the end to see what in the world she saw in him.  And to my surprise, it wasn't something good or redeeming - it was something frail and petty and vulnerable.  I found that to be so touching, and even more so that he was actually the one who loved first in that relationship.  I wept when she told him she was proud of him.  That look on his face... he is just an amazing actor.

And Cavill!  I was shocked to have some sympathy for him there in the end, and I love what they did to point out the peculiar conceit of scifi that it assumes being human is the best, most ideal way to exist ever, and that everyone else wants to be us.  I wonder if that's peculiar to American scifi.

I haven't gotten to the Gaeta webisodes or The Plan yet, but I am looking forward to both those and Blood and Chrome.
  • Options
    I always loved Chief, b/c I felt like he was the conscience/blood of the common man while Lee was the conscience/blood of the military/power structure.  Mainly b/c of his support of his crew transferring into pilots,the union on board the fueling ship and then the union and eventually revolution.  I always disliked Cally, but I think I understand their relationship.

Oh Cavil.  He was the Cylon you loved to hate.  B/c he was brutally honest.  And I don't think he really hated humanity, he just wanted them to get the hell out of his way of being superior.

I didn't guess Ellen, but I did guess the President's Assistant.  IDK what it was about her, but I really really disliked her, even before she killed Cally.

The one I was a blubbering mess at was Gaeta.  HIs story just shredded me.  I was a mess when he was singing the song after he lost his leg, I was a mess when he was yelling at Gaius for being such a failure and I was a mess when they murdered him for treason. And I do think they murdered him  Each and every time he was doing what he so completely, naively, whole heartedly and wrongly believed was the right thing.
  • Options
    Oh, I know what I wanted to add.  I thought Baltar (after seeing Caprica) really encapsulated the journey Caprica was trying to make in it's series.  This worship of science, materialism, man, multiple gods, into one god and then the weakness of morality found in that one god.  B/c you're right, she loved him for his fallibility and humanity at the end, the very things she was striving to achieve, b/c as a Cylon, she was already "perfect".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards