Washington-Seattle
Options

Second guessing invites

Soooo, in the process of Goccoing all my invites and the paper with it.  The invites themselves will be printed on a wine red and that is going to be matted on the Stardream Opal (think metallic pearl color) with a 1/4" border.  I did a test print on a stardream paper for the RSVP card and didn't like it - it didn't take well, not to mention when I tested putting on a check mark with my gel black pen, it didn't dry very fast which I hate.  So I figured I would get a smooth, matte paper that is very close in color to the Stardream opal. 

When FI saw how the prints showed up on the red paper (top part of invite) he asked "Why don't you print the RSVP cards on that color?"  Now I'm second guessing if I should have gone with the matte cream vs. getting more red.  I already bought a ream of cream cardstock and already printed the RSVP cards, but what do you think?  Will it not look right since it's a different paper that isn't used on the card?  Color is about 95% close to the stardream opal. 
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: Second guessing invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Save yourself the money and and stick with the cream, girl! Plus, it's the color palette that blends, I don't think it has to be the same exact paper for each of the suite if it's all complementary. Plus, make it easy for people to write on it to return without the smeary mess.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto KST.  I think that more red would be too much red.  Your matte cream should complement both the red of the invite, and the stardream just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the color is very close just different paper I say go for it.  If people are really going to pay this close attention and remark about it they need to find something better to do with their time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto KST & Jennyann! Too much red might look a little "wintery" IMO. Save yourself the time, money and patience.
  • Options
    LuminousMuseLuminousMuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't second guess yourself, the cream sounds like a better option to me, and I LOVE red.  Matching is all well and good, but too much matching looks cheesy, and too much red looks goth/Valentines/Christmas...probably not the look you're going for. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plus no one really cares cream vs. red when they fill it out.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate you all trying to put the sanity back in my head for me!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that cream would be good!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards