Washington-Seattle
Options

Poll: Calling all Seattle Parks experts!

So, I have a new RD "vision."   I posted a while ago about having a bowling, or other "fun" activity themed RD, but I realized last week that the Thursday before our wedding is CINCO DE MAYO!!!!  And now I want to have a Cinco De Mayo themed RD celebration/party.

I have contacted a few Mexican restaurants to inquire about hosting the RD, and have been told that they will be way too busy/have an event of their own scheduled for that day, so... tough t*tties.

So I'm like 90% sure that I will need to find a separate venue that either has Mexican food in-house catering OR allows outside catering.  And we will probably need a bartender, or bar that people can make their own margaritas.  RD will include 25-30 people.

Then I thought that maybe a Seattle Parks "Community Center" might work.  Then there are all the rules and bureaucracy of Seattle Parks to go along with my RD venue requirements.  Here is the Community Center site:
http://www.seattle.gov/parks/ceremonies.asp?type=Center

My brain hurts, and I want an easy "Yes" or "No."  And of course I am open to any other suggestions!  Thank you!!!!

OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Poll: Calling all Seattle Parks experts!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Polls don't work for me, but yes, you can!
    Mercer Jewish Community Center is the first off-hand I can think of.

Actually, the place where I'm having my reception allows self-catering and the only requirement regarding alcohol is that you have the typical WA state banquet license (and don't serve under age). Both halls have a kitchen so you could even self-cater if you want. The site manager is a bit of a flake. However, I don't know how much you want to spend. It's about $450 for half a day for the upper or lower hall plus $20/hour that you have a party for a monitor. You just can't have any loud music as the hall is in a neighborhood.

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think maybe all of them do, for sure Alki, Golden Gardens and Prichard Beach do, and I think another one on capitol hill.  But, I think its too expensive IMO for a RD.  Why not do it at someone's house and get catered (drop off or pick up) mexican food and DIY margaritas?  I am planning a Mexican themed shower and we are doing it at my moms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Community Center at Mercer View on Mercer Island. www.mercergov.org/ccmv. You can have alcohol and self catering and the room has great views of Lake Washington!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What you need, my dear, is the Margaritavill margarita maker!  I saw them at Costco a couple weeks back and mentioned to FI that even *I* don't drink enough margaritas to need a machine that only makes margaritas.  You, on the other hand, are their target audience!

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!!! 

I would like to have the RD at a friend's or family member's house, but FIL's are hosting and ALL of FI's family is out of state.  I'm going over costs with FMIL, and if we do something like this it would start out as a WP only RD, then spread into a gathering for FI's family with some invites to my family.  I'm looking for cheap Mexican food (veggie/cheese and chicken entrees) and LOTS of booze.  Then having it on Thursday gives people Friday to "recover." Wink

OMG, carrieoz!  The Margaritaville margarita maker looks AMAZING... very tempting!!!!

It is "Wedding Wednesday" for FI and myself, so I will be going over all this with him tonight!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same problem.  FMIL wants to host RD, but all of FI family is OOT.  FI feels weird about having it at either of my parents' houses.  FI and FMIL were thinking our house, but (1) its too small, (2) its far from venue if guests are staying near venue, and (3) I don't want to have to clean up after and before wedding!  I'd do a park, but we need alcohol!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    olsen41olsen41 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at Kerry Park and a few others around Queen Anne for a possible wedding/reception and I have a feeling that they didn't allow alcohol... I could be completely wrong, but I think that's why we decided not to have it there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards