Wedding Woes
Options

Dear Prudie: How many ways should I junk-punch my brother?

Dear Prudence,
I went through a self-destructive period of about a year that involved drinking, smoking, and casual sex with multiple partners. I have since turned my life around with the help of a pastor, friends, and my parents. Before I made this transition, my younger brother was reading through my e-mail and saw a conversation with one of my partners that made our relationship clear. He informed not only my parents but everyone else in our family and his fiancee's family. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in their wedding, but they kicked me out of the bridal party due to my moral repugnance. My brother, his now-wife, and their friends make constant references to my past. I have spoken with him about it, but he refuses to acknowledge that this is not a matter to be joked about or spread around. I tried enlisting my parents, but they feel we need to sort it out as we are adults. I am constantly filled with shame about my past transgressions when I am around my brother. What should I do?

—A Penitent Whore

Re: Dear Prudie: How many ways should I junk-punch my brother?

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but this:
    I went through a self-destructive period of about a year that involved drinking, smoking, and casual sex with multiple partners.

Sounds like an awesome year. 

She needs to grow up and cut off her juvenile brother. I assumed they were all under 21, not actual adults. Why would an adult a) go through his sister's email, and then b) tell their parents about her sex life? What? 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brother is a jackass.  She needs to realize this and move on.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't think she should ever talk to her brother again, and I'm not 100% convinced that she should keep in contact with her parents either.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The whole lot of them do seem like a bunch of sanctimonious a-holes now, don't they?
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So much so!  And you KNOW I don't really approve of promiscuity, but really, when someone stops doing whatever it is you disapproved of, why keep harping on it?  They've already stopped!

This reminds me of the scene in Super Troopers where the pothead kids are pulled over and saying "He's pulled over - he can't pull over any further!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards