Washington-Seattle
Options

I need BM Dress Help!!!

My plan for the dresses is not going to work out at all.  My friend that was going to make them has decided that it is more of a hassle than its worth and would rather spend her time on my dress.  I need to find dresses quick!  I have one BM in MA and she won't get here until 2 weeks before the wedding.  Both girls are busty and one is just kinda overall "there" (not sure if there is a polite way to put that).  Needless to say I need to find something that will look nice, not cost a fortune and that I can get my niece to be able to try on there.  Suggestions......I am feeling a little freaked at the moment.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need BM Dress Help!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of dresses are you going for? I have a few ideas if you are going for a semi-casual summery style. I was actually looking all over for something that was nice but that I knew the girls would wear over again and that wouldn't drain the bank account. I found some great dresses at Debs. That was probably the best finds.. not expensive and nice enough for a wedding. :) The girls loved them, too. $40. Not too shabby if you ask me. There were a few others as well. Just let me know what you are looking for. I had already planned a more formal winter wedding. So, I can probably help you find anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for either apple colored or wine dresses.  It is an evening wedding but not too formal, yet more formal than cotton.  Does that make sense?  Soryy, I am pretty scatterbrained right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean. :) Let me check out all my notes.. I have seen some dresses that might be perfect for you. I am thinking that I saved pics of a couple of dresses that might fit what you are looking for if you wouldn't mind like tea length dresses. If you are looking for full length dresses they will cost more but can be doable. I'll get back to you. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    maybe david's bridal is your best bet.. unless you can find matching dresses at like jcpenny's or lanebryant or something..
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also try looking around for Prom Dresses or just Special Occassions Dresses. Those are sometimes cheaper and can be found on sale around certain times of the year. :)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Worst case scenario, just let them either buy black dresses (because they're easy to match and everywhere) or wear different dresses in different shades of the same color.  Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time with all of them being in different places and such little time left.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up going to David's Bridal.  Hoping they will come in early in case there are any alterations to make.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a damn hard time with my bridesmaid dresses, too. I went the route of picking a designer (based on the dress my MOH liked the most) and color, then letting my girls pick any style in the line. And that was STILL hard. A lot of stores didn't carry the line, even though it is supposedly a very popular designer. Now I'm told that it will take 3 months for the dresses to come in, which is pushing it for my October wedding.

As a pp suggested, David's Bridal is probably your only safe bet, unless you find a dress likely to be available in stores nationwide (J Crew has really cute bridemaid dresses, but they aren't available in most stores). Even with Nordstrom and Macy's, inventory is going to totally vary by market. I think if I were you, I would pick a color (or color pallete) and length, and let them pick their own dress from a story near them. You might not even have enough time for David's Bridal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards